Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

2010 tranny noise?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  bikesrfun 
#1 ·
I rode a 2010 1700 classic LT last night.. With only one question. Do they all make that much noise when shifting?? I have always thought my 1500 was loud between 1st and 2nd,but this 1700 was loud on every shift enough that my wife riding could also hear it....

#3 ·
My 1700 makes no noise shifting into 1st while stopped, and very little noise from 2nd to 3rd, and clicks into the rest really smooth.

Of course this is if I apply pressure to the shifter and shift at the sweet spot in the RPM range.

#6 ·
Yep.... I call mine Little Miss Clunky....... each gear CLUNK..... CLUNK...... CLUNK..... up or down..... If I creep and take it to 5th gear before I am doing 20 miles an hour it makes no noise..... except from all the vibrating due to lugging the crap out of it....

#7 ·
I pretty much agree with everyone else. Mine did quiet down after the first 2000 miles a little but not much and synthetic oil helped some too. The first to second shift is the worst and more so when the bike is cold. The gear whine from straight cut gears did quiet considerably after the first 2000 miles.

#8 ·
My 1700 LT is as noisy as the day she arrived, regardless of the various flavors of oil I've fed her. I just refer to it as my audible positive gear engagement indicator. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.