Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Thanks Hami, but this is old news.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yeah seen it here a few months back but reminding me I own a great bike is always good :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
That is the article that pushed me over the edge to look for a 900... :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is what sold me on my 2010 SE.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for posting old news, it was new to me. I come in here all the time I must have missed that thread.

Any other reviews out there for our bikes that I don't know about?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Sorry for posting old news, it was new to me. I come in here all the time I must have missed that thread.

Any other reviews out there for our bikes that I don't know about?
It's all good Hami, thanks for the post and the pics!
There is ONE bike that is conspicuously missing from that shoot-out. I looked at this particular bike for months (as I'm sure many did). Last night as I was working, there it was, parked, gleaming in the sunlight. I pulled over, hopped out and looked it over. As I was examining it, again, the owner walked over and we talked about a half hour. He never had a problem in over 38,000 kms (except for the chrome sissy bars that kept rusting out). Then, he started it up. It sounded like a sewing machine mated with a typewriter. I was aghast! Seriously, I had read over and over how our bike was a single crankpin engine, thus, emulating to a degree the loping sound of that other great v-twin, but this bike had a constant valvetrain noise that would have made it unbearable to own. Apparently even aftermarket exhaust can't cover up the frightful noise of that engine. I knew immediately that I had made the right choice of machines....again. As I hate to diss anyones machine, this bike shall remain nameless.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's all good Hami, thanks for the post and the pics!
There is ONE bike that is conspicuously missing from that shoot-out. I looked at this particular bike for months (as I'm sure many did). Last night as I was working, there it was, parked, gleaming in the sunlight. I pulled over, hopped out and looked it over. As I was examining it, again, the owner walked over and we talked about a half hour. He never had a problem in over 38,000 kms (except for the chrome sissy bars that kept rusting out). Then, he started it up. It sounded like a sewing machine mated with a typewriter. I was aghast! Seriously, I had read over and over how our bike was a single crankpin engine, thus, emulating to a degree the loping sound of that other great v-twin, but this bike had a constant valvetrain noise that would have made it unbearable to own. Apparently even aftermarket exhaust can't cover up the frightful noise of that engine. I knew immediately that I had made the right choice of machines....again. As I hate to diss anyones machine, this bike shall remain nameless.
It wouldn't be dissing. Just expressing the shortcomings of another make. Please let us know.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It wouldn't be dissing. Just expressing the shortcomings of another make. Please let us know.
I agree. I know my decision was between the Vulcan 900 and the C50. I got the Vulcan.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Oh it was the c50t, the sound of that motor...........couldn't live with that.
Everyone that read the article was wondering why it was conspicuously absent from the shootout. It is the nine's closest competitor. I'm glad I bought the nine.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I was in the DMV line and the guy right behind me was registering his C50T, said he loved the bike, nimble pretty good pickup but not enough highway power. Said it sounded about right and that I'd heard that they were both about the same bike just different manufacturers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
In a shoot out a couple of years ago, the c50 won and the Vulcan was a close second. I'll try to find the article.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts