Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looking Forward

I'm looking forward to seeing the new 1700 Mean Streak when it comes out - had one been available it would have been quite a toss up between that and my Classic 1700 - but I do love my Classic.

I can only imagine what the Limited Edition of the 1700 will look like!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are they really going to make a 1700 Streak? I have had my 16 now for four months and love it. Changed the pipes (hard krome strippers ) awesome sound and go. I also have a pro hyper sitting in my garage but think it will stick out way too much. Any one recommend the cadman mod or similar with a K&N? My bike needs cooling down!:eek:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dealer

That's what a long time Kawi dealer thought - the 1600 Meanies were selling out every year, with very few leftover and then Kawi stopped production last year. In his view the only reason they would stopped making a bike that sold so well was if they were going to bring out a new version. He felt that they would definitely want their new six speed transmission in the Mean Streak, along with the 1700cc engine, and he had heard a few comments to that effect from company guys. I could see his point, because the six speed transmission was a key deciding factor for me and I would very likely have gone with a Meanie if it had it. I did not want to wait for the new Meanie to be released so I bought the 1700 Classic.

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts