Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at the Kawa page and the new customs are out. I have the 09 SE and love it. What do you think about the new Metallic Flat Spark Black? I like it but not better than my SE. MSRP has gone up for the time being too. Throw your opinions out there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i like the colors .... and stuff but i think the rear tire looks strange the way i sits so far forward in the well .... i still like my classic though

·
Registered
54 Posts
I dig it. Like the black wheel. Flat black paint is cool. Subdued logo on tank is nice. Two tone seat is improvement. Probably look better with black pipes. I like it better than the SE due to flat paint and I'm not crazy about that orange.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Makes me miss my 750 I repainted flat black. I love that look. Now it just needs better pipes and it would be there. Chrome and flat are perfect.

·
Registered
306 Posts
why no black pipes?? the chrome sticks out like a sore thumb. but the black pipes on there and im sold.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why no black pipes?? the chrome sticks out like a sore thumb. but the black pipes on there and im sold.
I agree with you on that one. It's just missing something and I think the pipes are it. I like the chrome header covers though. They are header covers, right?

·
Registered
122 Posts
+1 on doing something a little different with the pipes also maybe doing something with blue accents ..... i like blue

·
Registered
306 Posts
i think some old school heat wrap tape on a nice set of pipes might really look good with the flat black ...sort of rat rod style

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got it!

Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, been swamped with work and the weather hasn't been too cooperative. So far, have 300 kilometers on it only. So far so good!:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, been swamped with work and the weather hasn't been too cooperative. So far, have 300 kilometers on it only. So far so good!:)
Which model did you get? Can you post some pics?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I *love* that flat black paint look, but the painted on emblem, to me (gets ready to duck thrown stones) seems to by trying to mimic the Sportster a bit too much? I dunno... I'm probably biased because I've never been a fan of the painted on logos/badges anyway. I enjoy having a "clean tank" look.

Would also agree I'd like it better with the black pipes the SE carries with it, although I do like the chrome headers. All in all, another hot ride from Mama Kawi! It's nice to see them agressively changing models to create a stir!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I like it, but by the time I put all the goodies on it that I like it would just be a classic LT. Guess i'll stick with the one I got. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmm, think I kinda like it better than my SE. Really dig that flat black look - won't show marks and scratches as much. The two tone seat would have to go.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts