Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a specific forum for this bike so I'll post here.

Any news or rumors on the price?

Don't suppose it has a reverse gear :)

Nice looking bike, though I wish they didn't a different selection on the gauge face.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Count me as curious too, I'd bet MN-Nomad is pretty close. Good looking bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's not a push rod engine, there's no replacement for displacement. I'll stick with the VN 2000 classic LT. It's what motorcycles are suppose to be.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Didn't see a specific forum for this bike so I'll post here.

Any news or rumors on the price?

Don't suppose it has a reverse gear :)

Nice looking bike, though I wish they didn't a different selection on the gauge face.
That link takes me to an ad for a bike cover??

Are you referring to the new Nomad 1700 touring, due out in late 2009?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Voyager price

I got a call from my dealer...$16,799. The deposit goes in Friday. My dealer ordered twelve, and will be getting two. And even to get those two, they had to take some Classics, LTs and Nomads.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes, it's definitely one of the nicest full-dressers out there. However, I don't think they've priced it low enough to compete with Harley. The Electra Glide Classic starts at $18,999 and with the price sooo close, I think Harley will probably win out most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Vulcan man through and through. But this is just Investing 101.

Over a 4 year period, Harley depreciates at a rate of 40% while Kawasaki is at a rate of 60%. You will lose about $1000 more on the Voyager than you would have on the Electra Glide. Not to mention all of those people out there who will take out a second mortgage just to have that name on their bikes (which I don't understand for the life of me!). I'd much rather have the Voyager, but financially I don't think that would be a good move for me. I think they need to lower the price below $15K if they hope to succeed with that product line.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I won't be looking at another bike until at least '10, maybe '11, I'll probably be able to pick up a good used Voyager for a good price around then:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts