Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 Vulcan 900 SE w/ Memphis Shades Batwing...PICS!

The burnt orange windshield and deflectors match the SE orange perfect. I went with the 12" windshield and I'm glad I did...didn't feel a bit of wind on the quick spin around the block.

I'm thinking about getting a front fender decal and reversing on the fairing (so the point is going forward) centered above the headlight.

Tsukayu Patrol Bags or Mutazu HL Bags are next...

Sorry for "under par" photos...didn't feel like getting my rig out, so I took the pics with my Droid Incredible instead.

Here's one on my new Craftsman Lift before I put the deflectors on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Very nice!!!! Now I hate you though because I have the 10' SE and thought I was through with mods after I put the National Cycle Plexi Fairing II on...I have to have a Bat-Wing too!!!

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice!!!! Now I hate you though because I have the 10' SE and thought I was through with mods after I put the National Cycle Plexi Fairing II on...I have to have a Bat-Wing too!!!
Don't forget my chin spoiler, too! You'll probably need one of those, too! :D :p

·
Registered
125 Posts
After eyeing your ride Angliam, I am now a bit worried... I ordered the 9" Screen and I'm suddenly concerned that it may be too short. How tall are you and where does the screen come up to when you're in the saddle.

SirMickey

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After eyeing your ride Angliam, I am now a bit worried... I ordered the 9" Screen and I'm suddenly concerned that it may be too short. How tall are you and where does the screen come up to when you're in the saddle.

SirMickey
I'm 6' 2"...the screen hits right at my nose.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Never been a big Batwing fan, but I like it!!!:good:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

SirMickey
Somebody asked on the other forum so it prompted me to go measure. If you put a tape measure on the speedometer bezel at 65mph, the top of the 9" shield should be ~16" up from that. That should get you within an inch or two.

·
Registered
300 Posts
[/IMG]Well not a MS Batwing, but next best thing. Ok have 1st phase done on my "fairing project": HD fairing (new off web) added to 900 Custom (inner shell only). Note, I did not chop up the fairing (yet) so I could see how it fit. Added some rubber "inside" the headlight shell to black the space out. & yes I know there is still some wrapping on the inside of the windshield. & yes I still have to trim the mount stems. Spent approx $200 for all (fairing/mounting hardware). Now since we jut got 10" yesterday I have time to do phase 2: HD fairing w/inner fairing (then I can decide which way to go). The hardware I'm using is simple and just part of a kit I found on the web to mount a traditional windshield. The windshield I have is over-size so don't know if I'll keep or use a smaller one I have. Won't know til I ride (see comment about snow) Depending on how cold temps are will be plugging away at this rest of week & hope to wrap up by weekend Time will tell
Will edit pics shortly
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx133/hdsteal/HDFairing004.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just installed my new batwing today!

Wow...I'm not sure what took me so long. I've riden 5500 miles without wind protection. What a difference. With the new batwing and the new metzler me880's on today, I feel like I'm riding a completely different bike! I went to the 90/90-21 on front and stayed stock on the rear.

FYI. I'm just a tad over 6ft and the 9in was fine at 80mph today.

If anyone is interested in the batwing you should buy it from discount bike stuff on ebay. Everything was $339 and the shipping was free. Got it in 8 days too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I'M 5'10 and the 9" is just perfect for me. I see over the windshield instead of through it and the wind moves right over my head.

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
are you guys running stock custom bars?
and what batwing and harware. I can only find stuff for the classic, Nothing for the custom
Stock 900 Custom bars...though the bars don't make any difference in the installation.

We using the Classic hardware...it also works on the Custom. For some reason, Memphis Shades hasn't wised up to this fact yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am looking for the batwing for the 900 custom, but all I see online is the batwing for the classic. Which one did you buy? Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts