Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can not find and identification on the pipes. It is my wife's bike. She wants it a little quieter. I can't figure out how to remove the baffle and what to put in it's place. Corbra and VH seem to stamp there product. Any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can't tell without a picture. My Samsons aren't stamped.
On the bottom rear of each pipe there should be a retaining bolt for the baffles. Remove the bolt and the baffles should pull out. If not, fabricate a hook to grab the baffle and use an automotive dent puller (slap hammer) to gently tap the baffles out. Measure the inside diameter of the pipe. Cobra, V&H, Samson all make a quiet baffle that should slide right into the Long-Shots. Might have to use a small engine cylinder hone to clean the carbon out of the pipe.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. There is two Screws. One is at the tip to hold the ring on. One is about 1 foot back. Removed both. Then the ring. Where I am having trouble is pulling the baffle out. I have tried spring hooks. And other stuff I had made. But no luck so far. I am holding back a bit. If I damage the baffle before I have something to put it it's place that would be a problem. I thought about the dent puller. It has very small holes. Almost like a screen to grab with the hook. I will try and get some pics today and post back. Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well here is a few pics no brand listed. Tried to run over to auto parts store. They have a dent puller but it will not work with a hook. and that has to be the way it is snagged if you will. I have seen those on line but they are more money. Will keep it up. I enjoy tiring to figure this stuff out. But like anybody it can get frustrating.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I think those are Hard Kromes. I had some that weren't marked. I don't know about baffles, since HK went TU. You might look at those Smart Partz jobbies. I don't know how good they are. Someone told me to wrap my baffles in fiberglass muffler packing stuff. It did absolutely nothing.

Have you tried getting in there with something and twisting it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Part number took me right to Hard Krome. Now next question I want to add a device like the FI2000R. But from what I have read those are for the cobra pipes? So if I add quite baffles, or want to stop the popping. I would only have the marble trick to work with. Have not seen any built for the Hard Krome. Thanks for reply's.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Part number took me right to Hard Krome. Now next question I want to add a device like the FI2000R. But from what I have read those are for the cobra pipes? So if I add quite baffles, or want to stop the popping. I would only have the marble trick to work with. Have not seen any built for the Hard Krome. Thanks for reply's.
I'd say that any fuel management device will work with just about any exhaust/air combination with the right adjustments or proper maps where applicable. Quiet baffles may reduce decel popping.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Your wife rides a VN2000? That's one tough lady you have there. I can't even convince my biker friends to ride mine because they are too intimidated by the size.
You could always switch back to stock pipes if you want quieter...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your wife rides a VN2000? That's one tough lady you have there. I can't even convince my biker friends to ride mine because they are too intimidated by the size.
You could always switch back to stock pipes if you want quieter...
She had a V800 2003, took her to buy a new 2014 V900. She hated the colors. Saw the V2000 2009. Loved it. I have noticed her 2000 is very well balanced. I have an 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited. That has a 1640 cc I think. She just did not like the HD to fat at the bottom. She rides the 2000 great but would not touch my bike. The 2000 has so much torque. I also like to take it out from time to time. Throws my head back! LOL. Thanks for the advise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts