Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im hoping I can get some input from members that are knowledgable on both these bikes.I can get either one brand new still.The 2000 has quite a bit more torque.I can actually get the 2000 quite a bit cheaper than the Nomad.Coming from people that know more about these bike which do you think a person would be happier with? Does having 6 gears on the Nomad make that much difference? What is the life expectancy on these bike mileage wise? Thanks in advance for any input

Thom:cool:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Well I think it really comes down to power. Do you want tree stump pulling, suck your eyes to the back of your head ultra cool torque and power or do you want very good reasonable power and torque. They both are alot of fun. Should run for next to ever, 6th gear on the Nomad is very very nice and unlike alot od opinions, you dont have to use it at high speed. I run all day at 50-60mph in 6th with no issues and still tons of power to pass. You just learn how to manage the bike and its a blast.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thom. My advise find a dealership that lets you test ride. Both models should be pretty reliable. I just got a 2006 vn2000 classic LT. Lots of power but it's hard to maneuver in tight turns. 5th gear is overdrive, only used after 80 mph.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Im hoping I can get some input from members that are knowledgable on both these bikes.I can get either one brand new still.The 2000 has quite a bit more torque.I can actually get the 2000 quite a bit cheaper than the Nomad.Coming from people that know more about these bike which do you think a person would be happier with? Does having 6 gears on the Nomad make that much difference? What is the life expectancy on these bike mileage wise? Thanks in advance for any input

From what I've been able to gather, the V2K gets better fuel mileage too.
I consistently get 40-43mpg 2 up cruising and have gotten as high as 46.
The 46 was really flat road and 50-55mph slow cruising.

Way more torque on the V2K.

When I bought mine, I had the same choice although it was a 1600 nomad.
Though they were about the same price.
I went with the V2K LT mostly because I liked the way it looked more.
If the V2K is cheaper, then no contest. Especially if it's an LT.
Then there isn't a significant difference in equipment. Hard bags and engine guards.

My vote is the V2K! (surprise) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have you actually sat on them both? I was really wanting the Nomad and went to the dealer to look at them. Once I sat on it, however, I was very disappointed. It did not fit me very well and I felt like the floorboards and foot controls were not well placed for my body (I am 6'2"). The salesman saw my disappointment and suggested I have a sit on one a 2000 that they had across the showroom. Much more comfortable and that is what I ended up buying (much more cheaply, I might add).

·
Registered
419 Posts
enee meanie minie moe

I had a 2000 Classic Lt and sold it to buy a new 1700 Voyager. My take on it is if your single with an occasional passenger then V2k! It's pure and powerful and happy to show it to you. If however, like me you have mostly a full-time passenger then Nomad (or Voyager). It's strong enough plenty but way more comfortable for you and passenger. As far a gears go I really like as little shifting as I can get by with. The V2k wins this battle cause of the monster torque it puts out. It was happy to cruise in 3rd, 4th, or 5th depending on how fast you were going. (5th was overdrive and it would buck below 40 MPH). The Voyager likes 4th to a point, 5th is "the" gear for most of the time and 6th is not happy unless your above 50 MPH.
Properly cared for both bikes should last way up past 100k miles. Now if you are talking about life expectancy of the tires well........................:rolleyes:

·
Registered
288 Posts
It depends on how big of a smile you want to have on your face after every ride. If you're ok with a happy grin, go with the 1700. If you want to be grinning so hard your facial muscles and jaw muscles hurt, adrenaline is pumping, you're elated, and absolutely cannot wait to get back in the saddle, get the 2000.

Just my opinion. I might be biased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts