Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A really clean 09 Voyager is avalible in my area with less than 19000 miles. I was going to test ride a 2017 two days ago at the dealership but I had to many "Honeydo's" .
Do you guys know what Changes have been made that I should consider. Comparing the 09 Voyager to a 2017
Thanks
Bret

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
A really clean 09 Voyager is avalible in my area with less than 19000 miles. I was going to test ride a 2017 two days ago at the dealership but I had to many "Honeydo's" .
Do you guys know what Changes have been made that I should consider. Comparing the 09 Voyager to a 2017
Thanks
Bret
Abs brakes,kams system,diverts the heat,not sure what else:wink2:Have a beautiful 09 voyager at my local shop

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Abs brakes,kams system,diverts the heat,not sure what else:wink2:Have a beautiful 09 voyager at my local shop
Thanks Rev, I think I saw the heat diverter that sucks from right side and blows to left side under the seat in his pics.
But it must be lacking the diverter off #1 jug?
I want abs for the touring bike.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
1st and 2nd gear I believe are higher in the 2011 up models to help with the "clunk" when shifting into gear. I think 2015 models all get the O2 sensor in the exhaust, was only in some overseas models before this. Besides color scheme changes from year to years and the above mentioned changes, they are all the same. The earlier models had a recall for the ignition wiring harness up to I believe 2013 or 14. if you get the 09, make sure it was done.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think only 2012-up have the hookups for GPS inside the fairing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2015's still had the wiring harness recall. That's the first thing the dealer did when I purchased mine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Its a shame that Kawasaki wont even bother to update the lighting to LED on the newer models, the only change that seems to occur is the color choice and now they only offer 1, if you dont like it you have to buy an older model or wait and see what comes out the following year.

·
Registered
357 Posts
You can put the KAMS on the 09, 10, and 11 Voyagers. The one you are looking at may have had it put on. I attached a picture of what all is in the KAMS kit. The 15s and up have an O2 sensor and ABS is standard on 15s up. I remember reading somewhere that the handlebars where different on the 09s vs. the other years.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts