Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If this has been asked before I apologize. I just bought this bike it has 14K on it. Its very clean and I cannot find a scratch on it. I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to join. So I have read some of the issues with the bike which I don't see many. This bike runs very well and I really like it so far. I see some of the postings on heat issues so I am wondering where your bikes run on the temp gauge. This one in the mornings runs right at the first mark or just above. When its in the 90's out it runs right around straight up on the gauge. When in traffic it will climb to the next mark but I have not ever seen it go much beyond there. I don't know if the coolant has been changed yet but I did notice it was green and clean in the bottle. I plan on changing it this fall and I just did do the brakes and the clutch. Been using Amsoil since 1978 and I changed it over to that about 300 miles ago. Thanks for any replies. Al

·
Registered
547 Posts
Much the same as my 09....

Wrapped the pipes a week or two back and the felt heat off the right side is improved but did not change the temp gauge
nor did I expect it to.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
If this has been asked before I apologize. I just bought this bike it has 14K on it. Its very clean and I cannot find a scratch on it. I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to join. So I have read some of the issues with the bike which I don't see many. This bike runs very well and I really like it so far. I see some of the postings on heat issues so I am wondering where your bikes run on the temp gauge. This one in the mornings runs right at the first mark or just above. When its in the 90's out it runs right around straight up on the gauge. When in traffic it will climb to the next mark but I have not ever seen it go much beyond there. I don't know if the coolant has been changed yet but I did notice it was green and clean in the bottle. I plan on changing it this fall and I just did do the brakes and the clutch. Been using Amsoil since 1978 and I changed it over to that about 300 miles ago. Thanks for any replies. Al
Your temp gauge runs right with mine. It's right on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts