Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
October will be like you have a different bike. I am sure Ray will find every last bit of what your bike is capable of.
Wish I was a little closer to His shop.
Its 18 hours each way for me. I had to do some hard negotiations with the wifey to pull this off. I had to include a few days at the beach and some good fresh seafood of which we have none in Arkansas.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Its 18 hours each way for me. I had to do some hard negotiations with the wifey to pull this off. I had to include a few days at the beach and some good fresh seafood of which we have none in Arkansas.
Holy cow, I am closer than that over here in indiana. LOL.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So still no loud popping or backfire at the 2000 to 2300 rpm range with these pipes?I assume it is warmer down there and thats when these 1700,s tend to back fire with after market pipes.
If you have none ,are you running a BAK and a fuel management system?
Wife and I took a 120 mile ride today and I rode to work (86 mille round) and no problems. The just rumble deeply on deccel. I can force a little pop if i work the throttle just right as a little pop at times is kinda fun. I have heard some bikes the backfire like a shotgun in my day. I am running a cobra fi power pro tuner and K&N filter. 86 Fahrenheit here today. what is that 30 Celsius?
The wife even said they sound good. Thats impressive.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I also have a video I did this morning that is posted to Youtube and they have not cleared it yet. As soon as they let me know it is ready to watch I will link it here. Windy here this morning and all day. Hope it gives Everyone the look and hear so You know why I am happy with these.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Sheps list. in order of added items.
2009 ABS
Cigarette lighter lower left faring.
Mustang seat studded with driver backrest.
Rear speaker kit.
HID headlight conversion h/L beams.
D&D slip-ons. ( Removed this week.)
Stebel air horn.
Seat heaters installed front and rear.
Tour master extended highway foot rest.
K&N air filter.
Harley windshield 3 pouch, made to fit by shep
Harley tour pack rack, slight mod to fit our curved trunk.
I-pod adapter
Front and rear communication kit.
Pull back risers.
Garmin 660 and harness.
CT-500 all aluminum trailer.(Beat the hitch here.)
MCHitch brand trailer hitch with harness. Swivel for tongue.
4 inch Hella HID spots on crash bars.
Cobra power pro tuner.
Front and rear air hawks.
leather lever wraps. (Keeps the fingers from getting gray aluminum dirty look.)
Freedom performance complete true duals.
All done here at home.
Going darkside soon.
31,000 miles this bike. Little Trailer pulled approx 10,000.
I dont wand to add up the dollars. LOL

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sounds pretty good for the tiny speakers I have on my laptop...lol Would sound a whole lot better in person. The 1700 seems to have its own distinct sound at idle with any after market exhaust.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wife and I took a 120 mile ride today and I rode to work (86 mille round) and no problems. The just rumble deeply on deccel. I can force a little pop if i work the throttle just right as a little pop at times is kinda fun. I have heard some bikes the backfire like a shotgun in my day. I am running a cobra fi power pro tuner and K&N filter. 86 Fahrenheit here today. what is that 30 Celsius?
The wife even said they sound good. Thats impressive.
Well I do not mind a little popping but what i was getting with my Cobra,s was a gunshot bang around 2100 rpm when it was a little hotter out.Drove me and the wife nuts.I will have a listen to your Vid.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I would like to see some close up pics of the pics. Curious to see exactly how they routed them.

Do they come with O2 bungs welded in ? How about an audio clip ?
Sir,
Have you got yours on the bike yet? Has anyone that followed this thread done the FPE true duals yet.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Man I would love to but my wife will divorce me if I spend anymore money on this bike lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
636 Posts
Holy cow, I am closer than that over here in indiana. LOL.
I rode down and seen ray last August. He fix my bars and installed the throttle mod. It was a 20 hour ride but well worth it. I should of had him check for intake leaks and dyno tune the bike. Me and the wife and kid are going to miami in october again. Wonder if I could talk her into me riding the bike down while they travel in the car. I doubt it lol.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
i rode down and seen ray last august. He fix my bars and installed the throttle mod. It was a 20 hour ride but well worth it. I should of had him check for intake leaks and dyno tune the bike. Me and the wife and kid are going to miami in october again. wonder if i could talk her into me riding the bike down while they travel in the car. I doubt it lol.
sent from motorcycle.com free app
party poopers!!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
party poopers!!
Ray,
Got the grips this morning at 9:15 am from the post office and have installed and took a short ride. Install was about 15 minutes.
The bike seems to have lost that little annoying lag it had when you hit the throttle hard.
We will see as we ride about the little stumble they at times have. Now enjoying a good cup of Java.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I rode down and seen ray last August. He fix my bars and installed the throttle mod. It was a 20 hour ride but well worth it. I should of had him check for intake leaks and dyno tune the bike. Me and the wife and kid are going to miami in october again. Wonder if I could talk her into me riding the bike down while they travel in the car. I doubt it lol.

Hey that's my plan. I have first dibs on October 21-22 or so.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I just wanted to say thank you Mike! It was great talking to you face to face for about an hour today or should I say yesterday considering it's 1:30am, I could have bullshitted with you for hours. The wife finally went to bed and I headed to the garage to install your D&D slip on pipes and all I got to say is OMG do they sound and look great. For the little bit of rust that was on them I used 000 polish and wax steel wool and they dam near look brand new, so if any of you guys have any rust on your chrome it works great.

Now about Mikes new FP exhaust! Seeing that I've got to check it out first hand, the video does not in anyway do these pipes any justice. When I'm standing there and he cracked that throttle and that deep throaty roar went through my chest, I knew he had something special. lol! You have an incredible bike mike and thanks for showing the trailer and how it all hooks together, can't wait to ride with you in July!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
D&D install.

I just wanted to say thank you Mike! It was great talking to you face to face for about an hour today or should I say yesterday considering it's 1:30am, I could have talked with you for hours. The wife finally went to bed and I headed to the garage to install your D&D slip on pipes and all I got to say is OMG do they sound and look great. For the little bit of rust that was on them I used 000 polish and wax steel wool and they dam near look brand new, so if any of you guys have any rust on your chrome it works great.

Now about Mikes new FP exhaust! Seeing that I've got to check it out first hand, the video does not in anyway do these pipes any justice. When I'm standing there and he cracked that throttle and that deep throaty roar went through my chest, I knew he had something special. lol! You have an incredible bike mike and thanks for showing the trailer and how it all hooks together, can't wait to ride with you in July!
Rod,
I also enjoyed the visit We had and it was too brief. Thanks for meeting up with Me as it was a chilly ride over Yesterday. If We had not both had 4 pm appointments , We would probably still be talking there. LOL. Glad the pipes cleaned up good, and you like the sound. Should get your fix till you take the next step on that Vaq that You are not going to do anything to. Thanks for the compliments on My ride. We had a fun Birthday party here for the Grand daughter.
See you again soon. That ride at Streator is special to Me as the proceeds go to help hearing and vision impaired folks that we are both very familiar with. Would be cool if We could get a ton of people to join up.
Later.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Rays mod.

Ray,
Got the grips this morning at 9:15 am from the post office and have installed and took a short ride. Install was about 15 minutes.
The bike seems to have lost that little annoying lag it had when you hit the throttle hard.
We will see as we ride about the little stumble they at times have. Now enjoying a good cup of Java.
Thanks
200 miles yesterday pulling the trailer with the bike. Notice a big difference with the throttle mod. Hesitations are pretty much all gone now and just a little twist gets it done.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts