Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, someone has made true dual exhaust. I have had my 09 voyager since they hit the showrooms and have been looking for true duals since then.
Just had these delivered yesterday and will install as soon as I have a couple free hours. Went with D&D slip-ons as soon as they came out and have no issues other than still wanted true dual system. Once installed I will update this thread to let all voyager riders know what I think.
Thanks FPE for moving forward with the pipe design. I think you will see a lot of voyager business.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Hmmm, very interesting.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gentlemen,
The pipes are on and look and sound outstanding. I just finished up and took a 4:15 am ride. about 4 miles.
I am very impressed from the moment i fired up. 44 degrees here in Kokomo ind. area. Got a super deal on the internet through amazon on the pipes. $669. free shipping in 4 days time. Advertised everywhere else at $899. these are the chrome but for another 100 bucks you can get black.
Think I will post pics when I have a chance.
My ride,
2009 Voyager ABS, Titanium.
add-ons. comm kit, I-pod, rear speakers, hiway pegs, mustang seat with driver backrest and bought heat and installel in both sections. Garmin 660, modified a harley tour rack for the trunk, MC hitch and a trailer. HID headlight and HID aux lights on crash bars, cobra power pro fuel programer, and now the freedom performance have replaced the stock system that I had D&D slip-ons in place. I think I got it all here. Might even take a shot at a video post. Sounds like You guys got your ride set up nice also.
Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David,
I also have a gereral altimax in the bike trailer for My darkside conversion in a couple thousand miles. 4th tire in 31000 miles. How you like darkside? also as I look again I am reminded by the add-ons you guys have that I also did risers, and a stebel air horn, and really think I want the racyray throttle mod. May just do the mod on the throttle Myself with some PVC pipe, epoxy and My trusty dremel.

·
Registered
701 Posts
David,
I also have a gereral altimax in the bike trailer for My darkside conversion in a couple thousand miles. 4th tire in 31000 miles. How you like darkside? also as I look again I am reminded by the add-ons you guys have that I also did risers, and a stebel air horn, and really think I want the racyray throttle mod. May just do the mod on the throttle Myself with some PVC pipe, epoxy and My trusty dremel.
I think it might be better if you order the mod from Ray. It is not made of plastic, it's machined out of aluminum.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Finally, someone has made true dual exhaust. I have had my 09 voyager since they hit the showrooms and have been looking for true duals since then.
Just had these delivered yesterday and will install as soon as I have a couple free hours. Went with D&D slip-ons as soon as they came out and have no issues other than still wanted true dual system. Once installed I will update this thread to let all voyager riders know what I think.
Thanks FPE for moving forward with the pipe design. I think you will see a lot of voyager business.
Please educate me on the advantage of a true dual exhaust (seriously). Is it for power (because of better air flow out of the engine)? Is it more beneficial to the engine (get more heat out of the engine more quickly)? Better sound? Lots of talk on the internet about how true duals decrease low-end torque.

For this particular product, how are the pipes routed? In particular, how does the pipe for the left muffler route to there? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The true duals give the same amount of exhaust out each side, whereas the stock manifold forces most of it through the right muffler. The short ride showed me no loss of low end torque. The bikes have plenty anyway. Without a dyno We would not know the exact figures. The sound is deeper and throaty, and balanced now. I truely believe this system will help the rear jug disapate heat and let the bike run cooler. I dont have major heat issues like some have posted but it puts off plenty. never been in the red zone even in New orleans or the Florida keys 100+ outside temps. I will have to ride and see when we warm up in a few days here in My area. The front pipe runs all the way back to the right side and the rear pipe runs down in the original area as stock, turns left under the frame then the turns left again to attach right muffler. A small hanger bracket and p-clamp are supplied to fasten under the frame in front of rear tire.
I tried to get some popping and could not get it. No backfire either. I do believe the rays throttle mod is the right thing to do also. I would be concerned with a pvc mod on the throttle and the 59 bucks would be money better spent to have rays part. Good advice CAPTJ
Time to go make a paycheck Gentlemen.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I went to the manufacturer's website but they do not list an exhaust for the Voyagers. Which model did you order and how about some pictures ?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
David,
I am so pleased with going to the dark side. Thanks to some great guys on this forum, I decided to try a CT. I've got close to 5000 miles on it now and it still looks new. It rides great and has more traction. Best decision I made for a rear tire on this bike.:)

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gentlemen,
The pipes are FPE number MK00008. The are listed on Amazon, through motorcyclestore near the indiana/ohio border. 669. free standard shipping. The FPE website does not list these at all.
Search freedom performance true dual for Vaquero and I think you can find them. Happy hunting. Pictures soon Of mine.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
try this link to find these pipes. The pic is a stratoliner and the pipes I have are slightly different. Pretty much will follow the same exact route of your current pipes.

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered the same pipes but in black. They were not in stock from the site I ordered from or any other site I have found. I have to wait till July unfortunately but it works out cause I just got notice of a trip till July where I can not bring my bike.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If your bike model has O2 sensors I would say this is something to be considered before a purchase. These pipes have no O2 bungs as My 2009 voyager does not have O2 sensors in the exhaust. Kawasaki must have another means of detecting this if it is needed. My 2009 v-star does have sensor and the V&H big radius pipes have the ports included. I will try to post a sound clip or video when I have a little more free time.
Damn jobs just interferes with all our fun.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I can see the California model having a problem with these pipes. I believe they only come with 1 o2 sensor. With true duals this would be a problem as one cylinder would not get the right amount of fuel.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Voyager?

I do not see the 1700 Voyager, only the Vaquero. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
636 Posts
California model

I can see the California model having a problem with these pipes. I believe they only come with 1 o2 sensor. With true duals this would be a problem as one cylinder would not get the right amount of fuel.
Will not be a problem. I have a California model and it does not have 02 sensors in the pipes.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts