Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to get a repair manual. The Stealer here wants over $120 for it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Check Ebay. I'm not sure whether or not there have been some minor changes in the '09 over past years, but I'd be willing to bet that even an older manual would cover 99% of what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
I got a 900 Classic service manual on DVD on eBay for about six bucks. Well over 100 pages. I just loaded it into an old laptop and keep it in the garage. It came in handy a couple of times now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i downloaded mine for free off a torrent site (if you are familiar with that type of downloading). Just do a google search for the vulcan 900 service manual download, i don't remember if it was torrentz or torrentreactor i downloaded it from but completely free pdf file. then just read ahead or print out the pages you need and go to work. going to be using mine for my 15,000 mile service (mainly valves) and looks straight forward. takes you step by step in almost anything and is exactly what the dealers use for our bikes. free is beautiful!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I bought mine from ebay at about $ 8. The ones I found for free where for 2006 model. Since I don't know how much differences you have beetween this two models, I played safe.
Good luck

·
Registered
242 Posts
I bought mine on ebay and the seller claimed that it was for the 06-09 models, but it is the 06 service manual. I am not sure what the differences are since I have the 09 Classic, but I figure that it will do for what I need until someone starts selling the actual 09 manual for $6.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a 900 Classic service manual on DVD on eBay for about six bucks. Well over 100 pages. I just loaded it into an old laptop and keep it in the garage. It came in handy a couple of times now.
Question....I believe I have bid on the same manual. The manual doesn't say anything about being specific to an LT but yet the sellers ad does. I am new to riding and don't know what teh diff between a 900 and a 900LT. Is the manual specific to teh LT and would it matter?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Basically the LT is a Classic with windshield, bags, sissybar and luggage rack. The LT stands for light touring. Everything else is the same between the two.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ride a 900 custom and a friend downloaded the classic fatory manual for me all 588 pgs and there is no diffs other than the body kit, the download was free

1 - 13 of 13 Posts