Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So $7182 OTD for a new VN900 Custom Special Edition with a used windshield ($300). Good deal? But I am also paying interest wich in the end adds up to a grand total of $8,682. Only $583 higher than MSRP right? So $8,682 for bike+TAX+interest...not bad right? Considering the interest rate will be about 7.99-8.24 since I'm only 22 and credit isnt...super. VS a used 2008 with 6,000 miles custom not special edition for $5,500+tax+interest=? Atleast $6,900. What is better. Hair more than $1500 for the new one with warrenty (1yr) and its special edition?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Money's money... what's important is that you have an excellent motorcycle that will promise you years of enjoyment. Congratulations.

WOO-HOO!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet

Yeah I just love the way the bike looks. I havent even rode one since I cant...until this coming friday. Infact ill have it dileverd this friday but cant ride leagally till monday. It will be my first bike...kinda scarry that I havent even rode one and I'm going to buy it. LOL I'm sure I'll love it. Anyway OTD $7180 + about $1550 interest = $8,730 not bad. They sold it for like $6,800 b4 tax so...yeah I think they lost money? Anyone know the normal invoice. I was told by him that he buys the bike for $7,150 he seems real honest but u never know.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah I just love the way the bike looks. I havent even rode one since I cant...until this coming friday. Infact ill have it dileverd this friday but cant ride leagally till monday. It will be my first bike...kinda scarry that I havent even rode one and I'm going to buy it. LOL I'm sure I'll love it. Anyway OTD $7180 + about $1550 interest = $8,730 not bad. They sold it for like $6,800 b4 tax so...yeah I think they lost money? Anyone know the normal invoice. I was told by him that he buys the bike for $7,150 he seems real honest but u never know.
Than figure of 7150 as his cost is probably fairly accurate. But he didn't lose any money as Kawasaki and other manufactures have inventive money a year end to help dealers more last years models off the floor. Probably at least 500 on the SE. Checking the Kawasaki site, its 900.

http://www.kawasaki.com/NewsEvents/Promotions.aspx

You really got good deal, and as hard as it seerms, an honest dealer.:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

Thanks for the help guys. I'll probably be signing the papers today. I'll have it Friday. No license though :( I'll just have to sit on it and get used tot he friction zone and stuff until monday when I can ride :D In a parking lot atleast for a few days :p I'm really excited. :eek: :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey CUBS

Hey CUBS what kinda saddle bags are those? and anyone know where to get cheap good engine guards.

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
Hey CUBS what kinda saddle bags are those? and anyone know where to get cheap good engine guards.
My saddlebag is a Leatherworks 312LHD Chopper Bag.

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/Leatherworks/312_Chopper_Bag.html

http://leatherworksinc.com/motogallery/Kawasaki.php

I'm going to be changing to Tsukayu Patrol bags and a Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing this spring.

http://tsukayu.com/Patrol.htm

http://memphisshades.com/

The Leatherworks Chopper bag is nice, but don't expect to carry much more than a couple 20oz bottles and some sunglasses. If that's all you need it for, it's great...my riding habits have changed to wanting to do longer trips, so I'm converting mine to a bagger.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bought IT :O

I bought it :O and some matching Kawi crash bars. So excitedddddd.....no license till monday :( no bike till tomorrow.

·
Registered
49 Posts
so if I can get a 2009 SE 900 brand new otd for 6800...is that a good deal? I am about to buy the classic 900, but I saw the special edition for $500 more...i have about two weeks to make up my mind...the only thing on the special edition im not sure about is the lack of floor boards....how does everyone like the customs?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Angliam, how do you like you SE? How do you like shifting gears? I have driven the classic, but not the customs...is there going to be that big of a difference?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Vulcanpolice911, there's really very little difference between the Custom and the Classic mechanically, it's mostly cosmetic, although some of the "cosmetics" do slightly affect the mechanics of the handling, especially in the rider's position.
The "look" of the Classic lends itself more to a dresser ready for the long haul, and the "look" of the custom lends itself more to the stripped down bar-hopper. Saying that, the Classic still looks nice "undressed" and the Custom looks nice "dressed" with a windshield and bags. I'll throw the windshield and bags onto my custom when i'm going on a trip and then strip them off when i'm just riding around town.
What it boils down to is this... which one do you find more asthetically pleasing? You'll be happy with the ride, handling, and shifting of either.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well for months now, I have had my mind made up on the blue 2009 Vulcan 900. I went yesterday to the dealership to look at it in the store, and next to it was the SE....only $500 more. I instantly had doubts on which one to buy...lol. I like the looks of the SE, but it does have an attitude of its own. But I do like that...thanks for your input.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts