Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2009 VN900 Custom and I would like some pipes. I live in a small town home community so nothing too crazy. I would like to stay with the black. I am considering the Cobra Speedster swept. Any other ideas or suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just start searching - Google (or whatever) and this forum. I figure pretty much all forms of pipes have been discussed (to death) on here. The general consensus is that you are going to get more NOISE with aftermarket pipes. Black is harder to find, generally.

You say you would, "...like some pipes". Why? Aesthetics? Power? Noise? Just want to spend $600?

Figure out what is your goal - then go searching - then go shopping.

I've been toying with the "pipes" idea for 2.5 years - still haven't landed on anything yet. I've done the partial debaffle (did it on the 3rd day I owned the bike) - I have a blacked-out Custom (2012) with a Cobra PowrFlo intake & Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro tuner...lowered and the "230" rear.

I still can't make the big decision on pipes...although if push came to shove, I'd probably go with the "Vance & Hines Exhaust Black Twin Slash Staggered" and quiet baffles. Ah, maybe...maybe....I like the look - but don't want the highway drone...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts