Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got this new/old bike? Could someone please shed some light on this confusion. The temp state registration says 09... Kawasaki's registration website identifies it as well an 09. But as you can see in the attached pic- it's clearly an 08 Built in June of 08...Now I wanted this bike :) Soooo I accepted delivery ( despite getting ripped off on emblems) Now the kid that delivered it had no comments and I didn't give him a hard time. But saying "it's a late 09" is...well BS maybe built in Dec or Jan/Feb may constitute a late but not June o8...Any thoughts :confused:

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz51/amerimutt1/vulcan/bikeser.png

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't worry about it too much. Alot of vehicles are built before the actual model year. The only reason you might hear people say "late 20XX" is if they make a change to the vehicle itself in that model year. When I worked for Dodge we where building cars starting after summer shut down for the next year, so in theory the model run is roughly August to August overlapping two years just as an example.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! Yeah I'm not sweating it tooo much. I like the bike to much to spoil the good time. But if it's been over priced that's different

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought my 09 in Nov. 08 and it had been on the floor for a while.

How would that make it a lemon? Lemon law is for recurring problems with a certain model. I read your other thread about being ripped off for the emblems. Are you sure your not looking for something to complain about?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dude! you know yourself to much...to call yourself vulcan A--hole. Do you respond like that to pick fights behind your keyboard? As far as looking for anything to complain about -there to many of you guys out there-. Just for argument sake, I don't pretend to be a know it all, I'm asking questions and hoping for courteous replies. Not some A--hole that looking for a fight...lemonlaws encompass false accusation about the product like true mileage and flood damage Ect wisea--

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wasnt trying to fight, but couldnt help to detect the tone in your two threads that you were feeling ripped off over two really minor details.

Funny how you accuse me of starting a fight from behind my keyboard. I dont remember calling you any names. Talk about an internet gangster!

I would have had no problem asking you that question right to your face, but I can guarantee you would have never talked like that to mine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really man! Dude this aint me- I'm not gonna play your game...your right! I don't get in anyones face. I don't have to or make vail threats to think I have to measure up. You can keep your pride if that gets you threw the day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Funny but all I did was ask a question based on your threads and was called an a-hole and a wiseass!

lemon law

NOUN:

A law obligating manufacturers or sellers to repair, replace, or refund the price of motor vehicles that prove to be defective.

Is this how it went at your Jersey Shore dealer?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.