Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 months ago I installed vance and hines big shots (stock air filter). rode it for month or 2 with no problems (little popping while decelerating). then I installed a power commander V with the software for my bike (vance and hines big shots with stock air) everything was good except the bike was poppy a little on deceleration. Here is where the problem started. I got on you-tube and was told to change the software setting by adding fuel to rpm"s 1500 and greater at CLOSED throttle from the number 0 to 15. You-tube said I could increase this number as far as 40. this should decrease the popping by adding fuel. Took bike out and instantly the bike stumbled or misses in the lower gears when accelerating but once the rpm's were up it would run fine. Went home and removed what I had done by decreasing the number back to 0 from 15. Took the bike out and it continued to miss or stumble. Checked software to be sure but it is back to the way it was before the problem started but the problem is still there. I'm lost, have I hurt the bike? any suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts