Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased my first motorcycle, a 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom SE through a private sale. Just waiting for a few things, like good weather, an M1 license, the safety course, insurance and a license plate before trying the bike out.

At time of purchase, the original owner had the dealership swap out the footpegs for floorboards which I believe are Kawasaki originals used on the 900 Classic and 900 Classic LT. I do have the original footpegs but my wife and I want to stay with floorboards for now.

I'd like to put the Black Engine Guards (Kawa #K3200-045B) for the Custom on but am concerned that guards will interfere with the floorboards since the Engine Guards for the Classic and Classic LT are Kawa #3200-044, a different part number.

Would someone, please, confirm that the Engine Guards for the Custom are the same dimensions, bend angles and mount points as those for the Classic?

As a bonus, a picture of what I want to do would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Bob
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
113 Posts
First Off Welcome Ottawa Bob.

I have an SE as well, and its stock for the moment, but have trouble picturing floorboards on an SE. However as to your problem I would think as long as your floor boards do not extend past the frame you should be ok. Have fun with your bike and take the M2 course, Its well worth the money.

Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 08 900 custom they are not the same mount point are different i got a set off ebay for the classie they will not fit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke to a Customer Service Rep at Kawasaki Canada. After she investigated and spoke to the Parts Department, I was told that the Engine Guard for the Custom is NOT compatible with the Rider Floorboards used on the Classic and LT.

So, now what I have to do is get an Engine Guard in Black for the Classic. I contacted Lindby about the situation.

The company said provided I had everything switched out to the Classic set up, their bars would fit.

Looks like I may have to splurge even more and get Lindby make up a Black Multibar :D

Cheers

Bob
Ottawa, On,
Canada

·
Registered
89 Posts
I emailed MC Enterprises directly, and they were able to do a custom set of crash bars for my bike in black. took a few weeks, i was lucky as they were in production of them, if not said it could have taken longer. i am putting kuryakyn constellation floorboards (they are made to fit on bikes with pegs) on today. i will try to take pics and show you how it looks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts