Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2009 Classic LT yesterday. I've only put 10 miles on it so I'll post a review after I've put a few days on it.

The first thing I want to do is install highway bars/crash bars/engine protectors on it. I've been searching online and there are any number of them available from different sources for right around $200.

Can anyone recommend a set that they've installed? I would think that these would be a simple bolt on installation but ... I looked at a couple that talk about removing engine mounts which I'm not crazy about doing on a week old machine.

Any recommendations? Thanks ...

·
Registered
273 Posts
engine guards

I don't have any pics here yet but I just installed the Lindybar Multibar for my black 09' Classic. Got em' for $219 from Dennis Kirk. I like buying there as they match prices, and it's always free shipping and a 30 day return guarantee. They were about $30 higher every place I looked. I don't like the Cobra and MC as well because they are the standard C shape, these are a very nice design I think and have the rubber footrest already on them. They also make the Lindbar which is a step up and a couple other designs. Here is the link:

http://www.lindbycustom.com/cart/home.php?cat=253

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't have any pics here yet but I just installed the Lindybar Multibar for my black 09' Classic. Got em' for $219 from Dennis Kirk. I like buying there as they match prices, and it's always free shipping and a 30 day return guarantee. They were about $30 higher every place I looked. I don't like the Cobra and MC as well because they are the standard C shape, these are a very nice design I think and have the rubber footrest already on them. They also make the Lindbar which is a step up and a couple other designs. Here is the link:

http://www.lindbycustom.com/cart/home.php?cat=253
I have the Multibar as well. I like it as an engine guard, but the foot rests are too close to the bike for me to get my feet on both comfortably. The Linbar might have been a better choice. I like the look of the Lindby bars much better than bars other folks make.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just installed my Lindby Linbar this morning on my new classic. All it requires is remounting the horn on the right side of the frame (they even include the hardware for that), remove two bolts from your floorboard mounts and then bolt up the bar. My only recommendation is to get some larger washers for the center bolt. The ones they provide are barely wider than the slot on the bar.

The highway "pegs" on the Linbar (as with Multibar, I presume) sit a few inches above and in front of the brake pedal. You'll want to put your heels on it. If you put the arch of your foot there, your heel will rest/push on the brake pedal. I'm 6'0 and my knees are only slightly bent with my feet on the bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts