Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, November 2016
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lots of mods/ help me price her please. 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan VN2000LT, 13075 miles. Mods include 2016 HD street glide front wheel. Reckless Motorcycle fairing, lights and turn signals w/ Infinity stereo w/ bluetooth, handle bar controls for same. Fairing and lights came from a HD Fatboy. I custom made the brackets to fit it to the Y2K. Every mod from this forum that I could find including regulator relocation, rear caliber relocation, 240 rear tire, front pulley shim, throttle body secondary blades removed. Emissions removed. Custom made air cleaner. Custom made rear lights/turn signals which I added marker lights to help light up the rear. Custom made tag relocation. DynoJet III custom fitted into the tool box. Fairing and front fender painted solid. AGM battery. Aftermarket grips. BrakeAway Cruise control. Freedom exhaust. Jardine forward controls w/ mini floor boards. I am sure I forgot something so if I remember I will add it later. Thanks guys !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Say it ain't so! I was just looking through old bike pics on the V2K sticky thread and saw where you just had everything mounted up on yours. Doesn't seem like that long ago to me as I've been AWOL for about three years.

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep it is so. Wife has grown tired of the ole gal and wants something different and you know how it works. If the wife ain't happy aint nobody happy so here we are. Lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
My dealer has a very nice one for sale ,it is an '09 for 4500.00 it has many extras, Mustang seat, Hyway bar, Hyway pegs,It is an LT model also. Hope this helps.

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I think if I have to let it go for that little I will keep it. Thanks for the input. Maybe I will get her a Spyder so she can ride her own. Lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've seen the same, when we moved I had to go with a different insurance company and they had my 08' LT valued at $4.5K, I thought no way that's right so I did some digging and sure enough, that's what many of them seem to be advertised at when they do come up. Mods don't seem to effect the price at all. When I outgrow mine it'll be that much easier to justify keeping it and stripping it down to as bare bones as possible. My wife hasn't been on a Goldwing yet, but I know that's going to be next. Every time we travel and rent something, it's always an ultra classic due to availability and she finds them quite comfortable. My main concern is making sure I can justify keeping the beast despite my current lack of room (when I moved I gave up a two car garage larger than my current three car garage & my 32'x14' wood shop & my 8'x12' shed) so now I'm in dire need of a new shed but the HOA has strict compliance rules.

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wow I think our wife's may be related. Lol. We rented a slingshot a few weeks ago thinking she wanted one. That ended up being a bust due to the extremely loud transmissions. We drove two. One had 300 miles and the other had 5000 miles. The 5000 mile one screamed so loud we needed ear plugs. We as well have yet to experience a Goldwing but I do like the looks of the newer ones. Thanks for the input. Guess I will just keep her if I can only get 4.5 for it. Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts