Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.. Thanks in advance for all your help. My Buddy has an 08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad.. it has an oil leak coming from what looks like is probably the oil pump but I cant confirm its the oil pump. Can anyone tell me what this is? Left side crankcase cover has been removed in the pic and the part is circled. The oil leak is coming from the bottom of the 3 mounting bolts. Before we just yank it off we want to know what we are removing. Any idea's or suggestions?

Thanks!
Bill

2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like this is the clutch slave cylinder. Going to tear it apart and see what all need to be replaced. Once I figured out what tha part was I googled and found a nice write up with pictures on how to do this. Dont want to put up a link that may go dead so I will allow you to just google it also.

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks like this is the clutch slave cylinder. Going to tear it apart and see what all need to be replaced. Once I figured out what tha part was I googled and found a nice write up with pictures on how to do this. Dont want to put up a link that may go dead so I will allow you to just google it also.

Thanks
Cheers for that, just found it, and yes mine has just started to mark it's spot as well.

Thank you.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
My 1500 has been doing that for a while, not much a few drips her and there. I have replaced the clutch hose, the spacer or "gasket" behind the clutch slave cylinder as well as the banjo bolt and washers. I have also replaced the 2 O rings on the black cover to the left. So far there is still a slight drip there......
One time it was brake fluid from the clutch and other sit has been dark or motor oil, but the oil level never seems to drop either....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts