Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 classic LT - Well I Bought It !

I am thinking about getting a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 classic LT
It has 11,000 miles has power commander and VH pipes.

I have a 03 VTX 1800 Retro 45,000+ Miles LOL > I love the bike but its getting old !

1. What should I look for ?
2. Will I like it ?
3. What are the complaints most often with this bike ?
4. What breaks or needs fixing most often ?
5. What should I pay for a used bike like this ?

Any Info Will Be Great Guys !
Thanks !

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

I have a 03 VTX 1800 Retro 45,000+ Miles LOL > I love the bike but its getting old !

2. Will I like it ?

Thanks !

I have been looking for either a V2k project or a 1500 drifter off and on for almost 2 years now. I do not own one yet but I can address the price issue from a used vehicle buyer point of view.

The KBB and NADA values on a 2008 LT range from The low 5k to the mid high 7.7k range. For the most part for a good low mileage un-molested 08 I would say a mid 6k might be fair. But then that may be why I don't own one yet.
i am not looking for fair I am looking for divorce sale got to move today make me an offer. That sounds harsh but it is real world. This time of year there are deals to be made if you have cash

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Your bike isn't old miles wise. If you have to ask you know the answer. Get the V2k. Id say $6000 should buy it. Maybe $5500. You really can't beat any of the kawis price wise used. Never ridden a vtx but the 2000 kills. Just wasn't my cup of tea weight wise and looks wise. I challenge you to use wise more in a description.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
232 Posts

2. Will I like it ?

Thanks !
I owned a V2K and am about to get another. My friend has your year and model VTX1800 and I have ridden it quite often. The V2K will pull slightly better and corners with far more neutrality. I liked the VTX but the top heavy feeling isn't pleasant to me (and buddy made his worse after adding the full fairing and trunk) but as you know you get used to it.
Let me just say that when I was looking for another big cruiser my friend with the VTX1800 talked me out of a VTX. He has stated since day one after riding my 2000 he wishes he had waited and gotten the V2K but now he has a LOT invested so he can't change. He LOVES the handling and motor of the V2K over his VTX.
Read into that what you will.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well guys i bought it!

I owned a V2K and am about to get another.
WELL GUYS I BOUGHT IT !

I am now a happy owner of a ..
2008 VULCAN 2000 CLASSIC LT!

I went to go look at it yesterday :)
It was Mint Cond. 11000 miles With lots of extras.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Nice Ride

Looks good! You will certainly enjoy the V2K! I have an 04 purchased new and have loved every minute of it. The older V2Ks like mine have some issues but they were all sorted out by 2006. You might give up a little top end speed to the VTX (imho), but certainly nothing else! :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Don't put it away just yet. I bought my second on Nov 1st last year. I live in Ohio. I rode nine days before Christmas - rained for two days, cleared the salt then 53 and sunny. Enjoy the new ride...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.