Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about 6'3" 6'4" and about 300. been looking awhile at road stars and victory's and actually was set on getting a victory but for a first bike i just couldnt spend that kind of money let alone that much motor. this was my first time looking at vulcans and i havent done much research on them. basicaly im looking for a good bike to learn on and get me through a year or two befor deciding if i want to trade up. the fella at the dealership said in no way should i go over an 1100 for a first bike. ( ive been told go big now, and been told stay smaller for now) im fine with going with a 900 for my first. i have road in a parking lot on a ninja and messed with dirt bikes when i was younger so i know how to ride BUT i am very nervous about a street bike so maybe a 900 would be great?
anyways if anyone with any input on this bike would be great!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Speaking as a totally unbiased 900LT owner, I'd say the 900 is a perfect starter bike. Many have found that it's not just a starter bike, but a stay-with bike, as well.

If, when I retire in a few years, and if I decide to do some month-long road tours, I may upsize, but for now, the 900 suits me fine. I'm going into my third summer with mine. I logged 8500 miles last year, with no regrets.

The 900 is value priced, durable, reliable, relatively inexpensive to own and maintain, and very pleasing to my eye.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I love my 900. It was my first bike, and I bought it new in December of 06 as a leftover. It is still my current bike to this day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Went down this path starting 3 years ago. Hadn't ridden for 20 years, took a two day safe riding course and then bought an 07 Vulcan 900. Loved it, rode it for 2 years (about 15k miles) and then traded it in on an 09 Nomad 1700. Could I have jumped from the riding course to the 1700? Maybe. But I think this approach is much safer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts