Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some Lowers for my 2007 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT with the stock windshield....

Any one know where I can find such a thing?

Thanks
SlOwPoKe

·
Registered
81 Posts
Memphis shades makes a fork bracket set that have decent reviews online. You can then buy the lowers online... or make a set using a cardboard template and some lexan.

There's how to's online all over the place... ya just gotta look around.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I am looking for some Lowers for my 2007 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT with the stock windshield.... Any one know where I can find such a thing?Thanks SlOwPoKe
poke, you mean those funky wing dings folks hang off the side thier forx? makes yor skoot look like a nasa satellite w solar panels.
You be needing something for cold weather riding Nebraska? Look at some roll bar chaps. www.sagebrushdesigns.com They stop wind n rain at feet n legs. Warm air off the radiator drifts up to keep you toasty. hey if yor gonna look funky you shuld at least be comfy. poncho

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I will email them as I have not seen any for the 2007 2000 Classic LT. I have found others but not for this bike or other years close to it.

Thank you

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey :) thanks there poncho will check it out

·
Registered
578 Posts
The factory ones are part# 46001-328 but have been discontinued. They do pop up on eBay sometimes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks David

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not doubting your word David but the 2007 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT is not listed in the bikes that it will fit on :( I did find a pair on Ebay but would like to know for sure before I buy

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well, if you will notice in the ebay listing, it shows the instruction and list the VN2000 as the model. The classic LT (no matter what year, they are the same) is the only VN2000 that came with a windshield. In the note on the left side of the picture, it says "VN2000 windshield required to mount the windshield lowers." What they typed in their description doesn't mean crap.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
(smiles) ok, didn't know... thanks again for the info .... learn something new every day ....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used the ones for a 1700 vulcan nomad. Only change is you have to slot one of the mounting holes by about 1/8 of an inch. Other than that pretty easy. And they are still available from the dealer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I was wondering about that Neal as the length of the holes look much closer(the right distance) than the 46001-328 .... LOL don't happen to have a part number do you? What year did you use for the 1700?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this looks like as close to fitting as I have found

Kawasaki 99994-0160 Lower Windshield
Fits Vulcan® 1700 Classic 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
Fits Vulcan® 1700 Classic LT 2010

·
Registered
90 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1413236232.447185.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1413236290.401807.jpg
I'm sorry I don't have a part number. I went out onto the sales floor with the little lady behind the parts counter and pointed to them on a flat black and white 1700 with the hard bags and windshield and told her to order me a set of these. Just like the ones on this bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there ya go.... thanks very much
'

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks kearney, they have the replacement shields but not the brackets...

I am thinking that Neal above has the best solution and have a set on the way.... will let everyone know how they work out.... I am excited to see if I can get rid of some of that wind. :)

Once I get the brackets I can have the local glass company cut what size I would like if the stock ones do not deflect enough. The 7jurock.com's look bigger than the stock ones.... so will be interesting to see what happens.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts