Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
10,580 miles

Up for sale is my 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom. It currently has 10,580 miles on it. It is for sale simply because I decided to move into a Sport Touring bike. The bike runs perfect, and has no current issues. I have owned many bikes, and the power delivery and torque of this 900 is fabulous. I have put a lot of time and money into customizing this bike into a specific look, as well as the right combination of performance parts. It turns heads and garners attention everywhere I go. The list below is of all the mods currently on the bike. Tires, oil, brake fluid, and brake pads are all brand new (less than 400 miles). Most mods are only about six months old.

EBC Brake Pads F&R 80
Smoke Front Turn Signals 20
OEM Windscreen 160
Ferreus Chrome Radiator Blade Cover 35
Ferreus Chrome Rectifier Dice Cover 25
Custom Mirrors, Grips, and Levers 70
Kuryakyn Mini Floorboards + adapter 90
Barons Front Lowering Springs 80
Barons Rear Lowering Link 130
Cobra Chrome Powerflo Intake 205
Vance and Hines ProPipe 2-1 Chrome 560
Saddleman Seat 215
Power Commander 3 USB 300
Avon 230/60-15 tire 260
Avon 90/90-21 tire 100
Highway Hawk Sissybar Arch Chrome 190
Rear Brake Relocation Kit 160
Kuryakyn Vertical License Plate + adapter 125
Bikemaster Smoked Taillight + integrated signals 55

TOTAL 2860

As you can see, there are many great mods on the bike that bring it all together. As far as any issues, there are a few that come to mind. There is very subtle oxidation and rust here and there. It was a California bike, so it is nothing serious, and could be cleaned fairly easily (mostly underneath of controls). There is a tiny oil leak from the oil drain gasket, which just needs to be replaced when oil is done again. The only drop of my life happened with this bike. Going about 1 mph in a parking garage, it was slick and slid out on me, landing on me more than the bike. The left side of the tank received some minor scuffing. The bike was originally burgundy, but I changed the color to matte black with plasti-dip. The plasti-dip looks good overall, but there are a few places that could use some minor touch up. Overall, the minor issues are only being described in the spirit of disclosing all issues I am aware of.

So we have a great looking, well modded, perfectly running, nice mpg, low mileage, clean title bike...so what am I asking for it? The bike currently books at $4030 on KBB. I am asking $5500 obo. If I cant get a decent price for the bike with all the mods, I will just demod the bike, sell the mods separate, and the bike stock. But riding season is here, and because I already bought another bike, I would like to move this one. So dont be afraid to make reasonable offers. Pics attached, more pics can be found at link below. Bike is located in Santa Barbara, CA 93105

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/mcy/4958327334.html

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Too expensive? I haven't had one person even interested, yikes. Price is negotiable. I bought another bike, so this one needs to go. Going to give it a few more days then start demodding it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another 5 days and not a peep. Looks like I am going to start demodding the bike and sell it cheap. Check out the list of parts above. I will repost most of those items in the for sale section.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I bought an 07 last October with no mods and 11,000 miles for $2,900. I've since added about $2000 in mods. Your best bet would be to strip it down and sell all the mods. Doing this will probably get you the $5,500 you're after.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. That is what I have started doing. Although you got a hell of a deal. I dont see any stock bikes in SoCal for less than 3500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts