Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been putting off replacing the front pulley shaft and bearing for quite a while but now Ive started the job and was wondering if any one else has removed their 900 engine to do some repairs and if there is anything that I should replace while the crank case is split also noting Im not doing a recondition.

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, February 2015
83 Posts
Nothing from me. I would be way to nervous to attempt something like that. Strictly an oil change and bolt on mods kinda mechanic but I will get a littlle deeper into it slowly as time goes on and things pop up. I certainly respect you guys that tackle this stuff and maybe someday I will have that confidence and ability. Good luck man, hope everything goes as planned

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started off small, first was the clutch cable then the steering bearings, then 2 valve shims next was the clutch then the stator a little while after that so you might say ive worked my way up to it

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
Sounds like your on the right track. What about the front pulley?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like your on the right track. What about the front pulley?
I ordered the new shaft and bearing and nut and lock washer quite a while ago and now that ive started the job I looked at the pulley and thought why did I not order that at the same time as im in Australia buying parts from the US, I should sit down and make a plan of what im going to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts