Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Vulcan Nomad 1600 with electric issue. Just bought it. Has 55,000 miles. Runs great. Guy said he had just put a battery in it but after wards lost the radio on the aftermarket fairing. Also the high beam and neutral light are not coming on. Started tracing issues. Fairing is wired to under the seat for constant power and ground and one wire into headlight bucket that works as ignition. So after opening headlight bucket and fairing everything looked good and found the fairing wasn’t getting ground. Traced it back to under the seat. The ground is tied into a yellow with black strip wire that is with a 4 prong green plug that has rubber plugs like nothing plugs to it. Maybe for another option or something? Anyway there is no ground on that wire. Can’t find nothing unhooked and the yellow wire goes into main harness. Hooked the fairing wire to a good ground and radio and usb works with switch like it should.
My question is since this wire that used to have ground doesn’t anymore could it be anything to do with neutral light and high beam light? I tried giving it ground to like back feed maybe but didn’t fix indicator lights. Everything works. Bike runs. High and low beam work. Stand switch works. Just not the neutral and high beam indicator. Wouldn’t worry to much but has to have that blue indicator to pass inspection.
Any ideas anyone?

· Registered
2006 Nomad 1600
266 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrads on the bike. Good trouble shooting and way to trace the ground out. Only question is the hot wire running all that have a fuse in line? Just don't want anything to melt or worse on you.

Before going nuts with the lights, I would take the time to see if those two lights are burned out.

Other folks will chime in soon and they might have better ideas.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrads on the bike. Good trouble shooting and way to trace the ground out. Only question is the hot wire running all that have a fuse in line? Just don't want anything to melt or worse on you.

Before going nuts with the lights, I would take the time to see if those two lights are burned out.

Other folks will chime in soon and they might have better ideas.
Thank you and yeah everything has a inline fuse. In fact one has a double stacked fuse I have never seen before. But I’m about to pull the dash back out and check the bulbs. I thought they where led till just a second ago when I found a forum talking about it the bulbs. Feel dumb I didn’t check for that first lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts