Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a stator schematic. The previous owner ruined the wiring harness. I have it all pulled apart and have three cloth wires coming from the engine cover that I do not know ehere they go. I also have so many wires that were butcherd I do not know where to connect them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
https://youtu.be/EMx11bKxtYE

Here is the video. I found the cloth wires from the stator goto the rectifier W1, W2, W3. It charges now. I cannot figure out what the white wire is from coming does from the ignition switch harness. Please see video.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If the three cloth-type insulated wires are white and are coming from the left side of the engine (alternator/stator cover) they connect to three like-colored wires which should be traced back to the voltage regulator/rectifier which is mounted just in front of the engine oil filter, and it does not matter which stator wire is connected to which voltage regulator/rectifier wire. For the previous owner to mess things up like that they apparently were a *******, and I wouldn't have bought a bike in that condition unless the cost was $0. Who knows what else they may have fouled up. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
https://youtu.be/EMx11bKxtYE

Here is the video. I found the cloth wires from the stator goto the rectifier W1, W2, W3. It charges now. I cannot figure out what the white wire is from coming does from the ignition switch harness. Please see video.
Good - you got the stator/rectifier situation sorted out before I could complete my prior post. I don't know about the ignition wire . . . perhaps another member does.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
1. I would remove stator cover to ensure that crankshaft position sensor and wires are in tact/not pinched. This could be the source of the poor running.
2. I would replace reg/rect pigtail. That is a mess. Part # 26031-0448
3. Dangling white should go to relay box to trigger headlight relay and be connected to one of the stator whites.

Post back with any questions.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The gunk is from an oil leak. I will be taking the side plate off and regasket and rewire with new. The white wire goes to any one of the stator wires? That must be it as the headlight does not work!!!

P.S my father and I always look for killer deals, and buy stuff that is messed up. Its how I can afford a bike. But yes there are times we buy, and it is too far gone and has to be parted.

I have not updated my other post, but by in pinching all those wires, the engine runs fine. Will update the other post in a bit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, kinda in a pinch. The last repair for me to get the bike inspected in this stator / rectifier harness. Part # 26031-0448 is coming up at a local dealer as "HARNESS, REAR" which appears to be for the tail lights a turn signals. I need the one that goes on the regulator / rectifier, and then routes up to the main harness. I am having no such luck.....

Any help would be great!

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Sorry, I may have given you bogus information.

I looked at the parts diagram and that particular harness is labeled "harness RR" which I wrongly assumed to mean reg/rect for RR.

Looking closer at the diagrams, it appears that Kawasaki calls out that short pigtail harness as part of the stator and not broken out as a separate item.

I will go stand in the corner now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmmm, none of the stators on ebay have it either. Just three white wires that you are supposed to splice i guess.

Any other options? I do not have motorcycle junkyards in my area.

·
Registered
673 Posts
You may have to run your own wiring harness on this one. Time consuming, but not out of realm of most people with tools.
A service manual will come in real handy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts