Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 750.
The pros are: It runs good and, overall, it’s been a very reliable bike. I can put it on the interstate and run 75 miles per hour for hours. I put 6500 miles on it over the past 12 months (this is my first year with the bike). It handles very well in the city, light enough to be very maneuverable and it’s very quick. It had a smaller windshield when I bought it. I put a larger windshield on it and it’s very good at blocking the wind.
The cons are: I don’t think I get the mileage that many of you describe, I think I’m more in the upper 30s to lower 40s mpg. I usually fill my tank after about 120 miles. If I’m on the interstate for very long I’m filling up after 80 to 90 miles. I had to replace the stator after about 6000 miles to the tune of $800. I don’t think the dealership did its best work when they replaced the stator. My coolant leak was worse afterwards and I hear noises in the engine that I didn’t hear before. I also found that they didn’t get the bolt that’s holding the gas tank torqued very well. I fixed that – and the coolant leak - myself.
Not really a con but the bike revs high at high speeds and I find myself wishing for 6th gear. I was pretty tickled when I read all of the comments here and on other sites of people talking about the same thing.
I like my bike. I’m planning several Iowa trips – my grandkids live there – for this year. I’m wanting to take a trip out west and I’m sure the 750 will do it. I do plan to avoid the interstates for the most part.
Last, my own personal analysis of my experience with the 750 is that I can’t wait to get a bigger bike. I still haven’t decided what to get and honestly it’ll depend on my budget and what I can find. I really like these bikes as possibilities: the 900 Classic LT, the Yamaha 950 Tourer; I also like some of the Yamaha 1100s and 1300s. I really, really like the Victory Cross Country although I think that’s more than I’ll be able to afford.
Just a few thoughts…
Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
61 Posts
:Welcome. Is your noise coming from the top of the motor or the lower left?top would be the automatic cam chain tensioners. Go over to vn750.com and look up the Grambo trick.there are also threads to convert them to manual ones.TOC makes them or you can make your own.if the noise is from the bottom left it is the balancer bushings.does it vibrate?.these bikes are designed to rev and will pull 7000 rpm's all day long.I personally would join vn750.com as this site doesn't really cater to this model

1 - 2 of 2 Posts