Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right spot for this problem, but here I go.

Riding my 2006 Vulcan 2000 and leaving work about a month ago. About a mile it acts like is is going to die and sputters a little. It clears up and I decide I'm going to get off the freeway just incase it does it again, I don't want to be stuck on the freeway.
Just has I get off the freeway it starts sputtering and dies. I try to start it and the engine just turns over but doesn't start. I let it sit for awhile and try again, does same thing. Turns over but doesn't start. finally call my neighbor and he comes out with his trailer and picks me up and the bike.
I let the bike sit over night and charge up the battery. Next day, it starts right up no problem. I did not take out because I don't want to get stuck some where. I let it run for awhile then turned it off.
Went in garage this afternoon and started right up. I jiggled wires and kept running. Took seat off and jiggled more wires, still kept running. It does have a brand new power commander unit, but I had been riding a few months with no problems since it was installed. I checked connections on that and everything good.
I'm thinking maybe fuel problem, fuel pump or something??
Any suggestions or ideas?? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Super Moderator
3,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Posting here is just fine. Would check the battery and it’s connections. If it is older have it load tested for free at the auto parts store. Would put in a full can of Seafoam. Spray the side stand, kill, starter, and clutch switches with an electrical cleaner/lubricant. Might as well spray the headlight and signal switch while you are there. Are the spark plugs due? Check that the fuel tank vent is okay. Am sure other members with your model will contribute their knowledge. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Glad you are here. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Andy. Just checking back with you on how you made out with your bike.
I had the battery checked and it came out good. The spark plugs are less then a thousand miles on them. Have not checked the gas tank vent or sprayed the switches with electrical cleaner yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts