Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband went to check his oil and no oil in reservoir, but oil in the coolant. I'm a harley mechanic and told him I would do the work, I just dont want to dive in not knowing what I'm looking for . Head gasket? Seal I dont know about? Need advice, thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. The 2000 is a pretty complicated bike. This could be a head gasket, water pump with the seals behind it, or other oil/coolant seals. If anything came out of the exhaust would consider head gasket. Here is an online factory repair manual for reference. Bike is equipped with a compression release system, so leak down and compression tests may be effected. Not much turned up with a search of the forum. Wish could be or more help. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. The 2000 is a pretty complicated bike. This could be a head gasket, water pump with the seals behind it, or other oil/coolant seals. If anything came out of the exhaust would consider head gasket. Here is an online factory repair manual for reference. Bike is equipped with a compression release system, so leak down and compression tests may be effected. Not much turned up with a search of the forum. Wish could be or more help. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well.

Thank you for the input, nothing out of the exhaust per say, some smoke. I have a repair manual, just needed where to look without taking the whole bike apart. Dont want to do that!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts