Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the differance between the limted and just the regular vulcan 2000. the head light looks the same, shouldnt i be able to put a memphis shade on either model, they say mounting brackets wont work on the ltd.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Mounting brackets

I have an '04 Vulcan 2000. I put a Memphis shade on it with no problems. The mounts are connected to the two accessory bolts on the sides of the forks at the triple tree. The only issue is getting the curved "hole" for the headlight big enough to fit the headlight nacelle. The chrome supports for the windshield run right beside the opening with little room for error. The mounting brackets appear to be a universal style with enlongated slots for adjustment where the windshield attaches with about 1/2 inch for side to side movement.

I will see if I can scan a photo of the application and attach it when I have a second or two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You've probably answered your question by now, but the lower chrome trim is the problem. you either need to drill that out, or by the trim piece from Kawasaki. You still have to buy the LT shield brackets anyway plus the Memphis stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts