Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years the forum has saved me thousands of dollars helping me fix problems, Here is another.
As I am riding the FI light goes on and I loose the front cylinder. It sometimes lasts for a minute or so then comes back on. today it went out while on the freeway and came back in about 10 minutes. other times if I turn the ignition key off and re start it seems to fix for awhile. It seems like either a fuel issue, Injector pump, clogged filter, clogged injector. Or, an electrical problem IE: loose wire, bad plug wire bad coil.

If I go to a shop and it is not in it's (not working state) then they will charge me and not fine the problem.
Where should I start???

HELP!
Steve

·
Registered
235 Posts
Have you tried a fuel injector treatment? Changed your spark plugs and while the tank is off check for loose wires/connectors.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Fuel injector treatment aint going to fix that friend. Have you pulled your spark plug and looked to see if its cracked?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Before we start passing out diagnosis;

1) How many miles?
2) Is it stock (drivetrain wise)
3) If number '2' is no, describe

Not that it would hurt to check spark plugs or even run some fuel injector cleaner / seafoam through the tank, let's see if we can't identify the issue before throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The engine has about 20.000 miles I put a new used one in 15000 miles ago.
The bike has 68,000 miles as does all the peri feral stuff.
Everything on bike is stock
Thanks for input

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I changed the spark plugs checked all electrical connections, changed air filter, ran injecter cleaner still intermittent I
1 cylinder.
One of the forum members sent me a thread post last year on how to access the codes by grounding the yellow wire and it will blink and that will isolate the problem I can't find the direction,
Anyone know how and what process it is?
2006 900 classic
Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I change the air filter checked all the connections put new spark plugs in and it is still doing the same one cylinder intermittently.
I tried to get the code from the EC you but it's not giving it to me any suggestions?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Running on one cylinder

Any updates on this problem? Just curious
After, changing spark plugs, new air filter and checking all (I thought) connections still not running on 2 cylinders.
I couldn't get the readings from the ECU so yesterday I went at it again,
I took the spark plug that I recently took out and attached it to plug wire. No spark
I went to the coil and checked the connections and the front coil connection clicked in when I pushed on it then tried again and there was spark
I took for a test ride and it is running better than ever.
Lesson: when told to check all connections the key word is " all"
Thanks "all" for your help once again the forum has saved me hundreds.
Have a great riding season to "all"
Steve

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts