Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my ‘06 1600 classic with only 9300 miles on it ? but I desperately need forward controls as i am almost 6’3” with my riding boots on. I can only find 1 set and they are outrageously expensive!!? Any help would be nice!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man I had the same problem on my 04 nomad. And I'm 6'8" I had to make mine it cost me about 20 in steel and paint but they came out real nice. And made some bar raisers. The raisers are 2 1/2 spacers from ace hardware and the brake is a flat steel that I mocked up a lever and cut and wielded the splines on and I had to cut and extend the shifter. And painted up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that looks awesome man, great idea! Can i ask exactly what the spacers are?? I cant seem to fine anything at the hardware store that matches so perfectly!

·
Registered
5 Posts
They are 2 1/2 inch steel spacers that I found in the hardware store. They cost me 12 bucks a peice plus the 8" bolts and lock nuts. We could only go that high with out having to make new brake lines. And during the install I broke the clutch connector and it wouldn't start and freaked me out till I retraced my steps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They are 2 1/2 inch steel spacers. I cant find the receipt to give you the part number. But they have them with all the washers and spacer in your local ace hardware. They cost me about 12 bucks a peice plus the new 8" bolts and lock nuts. We went with this size cause then I wouldn't have to make new brake lines and extend the electrical. But during this modern I did break the clutch connector and it wouldn't start. It freaked me out till I retraced my steps and figured out what had happened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Now my next project is to build some passengers highway pegs. Cause my girl is on the taller side. I'm looking for ideas if you have any?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im sure i could come up with some custom ideas but it looks like you have that covered!
Theres a machine shop close to my place is is amazing with aluminum i want to take them my controls and and few other things as well as my new dimensions and have them make something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am waiting for forward controls but my woman is very very short 😆 so extended rear footpegs are not in our future

1 - 9 of 9 Posts