Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
If you add any electrical stuff, I would get the factory manual because the wiring diagrams and information and exploded diagrams are generally better and more complete than aftermarket manuals. You can also look up more stuff in the factory manual, even if you will be hiring out the work. Specifications and torques are more ubiquitous throughout the factory manual.

If you aren't going to mess very much with anything except usual user serviceable maintenance, you don't need a factory manual. Haynes makes good manuals with very good instructions and pictures.

If cost is an issue, you can look for a used version for sale on eBay. I have purchased and sold used service manuals on eBay, and you could probably pick up a used version for less than a new third party manual.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you add any electrical stuff, I would get the factory manual because the wiring diagrams and information and exploded diagrams are generally better and more complete than aftermarket manuals. You can also look up more stuff in the factory manual, even if you will be hiring out the work. Specifications and torques are more ubiquitous throughout the factory manual.

If you aren't going to mess very much with anything except usual user serviceable maintenance, you don't need a factory manual. Haynes makes good manuals with very good instructions and pictures.

If cost is an issue, you can look for a used version for sale on eBay. I have purchased and sold used service manuals on eBay, and you could probably pick up a used version for less than a new third party manual.
Very true. It's for sure a must for electrical work as well.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
FWIW, I just bought and downloaded a pretty good PDF electronic/soft copy of the factory service manual for my 2008 from eBay. It was $6 and some odd change.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Hello, all:

I just received my OEM service manual for the 2006 Vulcan 2000. I ordered it from cheapcycleparts.com, it was $62 and some change, and it came super fast, less than a week, and I am in the Seattle area, they are in the midwest. Worth the money, this manual has very comprehensive instructions, diagrams, tool lists, etc.

I am recovering from shoulder surgery and I am already reading up on a few things.

·
Registered
273 Posts
hey heater i am over inpuyallup wa just got here a few months ago maybe when your shoudler gets better we can ride. what size scoot do you have

1 - 8 of 8 Posts