Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike was laid down and the head lamp ring was replaced by the AJ Kawaski shop since then it rattles when the bike has high rev, I broght the bike back to the shop. I was told it was very common and the mechanic said he fixed it, on the way home it didn't make any rattling sounds although the next day the rattle was back,,, dam it!

What can I do to fix it? Help me out the rattle is making me want to sell it it's that bad.

I'd take it back to the shop although I get the feeling I'm putting them out and who want to be a bicth, right.

Thanks all =)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have heard of people with a rattle in the head light and it was a connector inside rattling on the housing. If you dont take it back to the shop to have them fix it you may want to look there, maybe tape some thin foam rubber around it and see if that cures your problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Solution to the rattle

I had the same problem with the headlight rattle. Took small section of a $1.00 WalMart pool noodle and cut it up in small pieces. Took a screwdriver and pushed them into all the little passages in the framework of the headlight assembly once I had the headlight removed. Put one small piece on the backside of the wiring assemble in the headlight bucket. NO rattles and 20, 000 miles. Hope this helps.

The bike was laid down and the head lamp ring was replaced by the AJ Kawaski shop since then it rattles when the bike has high rev, I broght the bike back to the shop. I was told it was very common and the mechanic said he fixed it, on the way home it didn't make any rattling sounds although the next day the rattle was back,,, dam it!

What can I do to fix it? Help me out the rattle is making me want to sell it it's that bad.

I'd take it back to the shop although I get the feeling I'm putting them out and who want to be a bicth, right.

Thanks all =)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to you all for your suggestions! Now I feel good about looking into it myself screw the shop I have you guys.

"Paul" I love your picture!!! Ha,,, a Kaw holding up a pile of Harleys, too funny. =)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Paul had a buddy that had the same problem as you and he used packing peanuts and dang if it didn't fix it. Good luck

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yesterday my wife with her little hands rammed foam in the back of the light till she couldn't, I took the bike out for a quick spin and now it's real bad. Damit!!!

I just hate to conplan but today it's going back to the shop before the the accident it never rattled and ever since they worked on the bike it's just OH WOW!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a cable moving side to side on the right side of the lamp right by the ajustment screw. The cable was real worn too so the cable had to be recovered the a pad put in place for protection. I'm real glad it's fixed it was so loud even at 50 mile a hour =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts