Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of an engine rebuild kit for a V2K? I have looked around and cannot find any info on google or this forum.... May just not be adept at the search bar as of yet though.... Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen rebuild kits for other sized engines going for 500-1500 dollars. Just want to give the bike a fresh start since its at 76000 miles...

But I haven't seen many V2K bikes for under 5k that are worth it either. So I would rather not buy a new one....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its nothing I want to do immediately, just something in the fall. 76000 is alot of miles. And the ticking on it is starting to sound a bit heavy. I know this can be fixed with a couple diagnostics and repairs, but I do not feel like taking it apart several times over the next few years with other possible issues. Would rather rebuild it once and it be ok for a long time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up passing on this bike which is probably a good thing with all the miles. I am however putting a down payment on one tomorrow with 11k miles. So win win!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Damn good question! I am the proud new owner of a new table lift and will be using it to dismantle my beast shortly. I have a second gear issue that I need to resolve and you have to break the motor in two to get to it. Thought about re-ringing and hone job since ill have it that far apart. All I have for a reference is a Kawasaki tech publication my wife found for me. It does have some part numbers but is no Clymer or Haynes manual! Bike runs awesome except when you get on it in second gear. Will start a new thread when I begin the project. Will see about producing some videos and providing detailed pics along the way.

Good for you finding another bike with that many miles on it. Surprising how many of these monsters have so few miles on them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i very much doubt you would find a kit. strip it if needed and buy what you need genuine. do not over look the water pump. i would replace it all as it can only be done with the cases split.( yes the mechanical seal can be done from the outside but the outer sealed bearing and oil seal can't)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Long way away from those kind of miles but when it starts having motor issues then it will be replaced with a cross country, stratoliner, or rocket 3, or spyder if my knees are shot

·
Registered
483 Posts
From what ive read v2k is good for 120000 or better

·
Registered
2 Posts
What symptoms does the bike have leading you to believe the engine needs to be rebuilt?
Lifters ticking started 2 years ago noise would go away ,but if would go over 70mph it would come back ..
And now they are louder and noise doesn't go away motor with 32 k miles.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
Lifters ticking started 2 years ago noise would go away ,but if would go over 70mph it would come back ..
And now they are louder and noise doesn't go away motor with 32 k miles.
You should start a new thread.. this is over 4 years old.

That's a somewhat common situation.. with ways to fix it that does not entail rebuilding the engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So is this a top end problem...because lifters sound like there's no oil on the engine.
[/QUOT

you have to replace the HLAs. it is not that difficult. did this last month on my v2k and drilled holes as well through brass oil filters in the rocker shafts. it took couple of days but now engine whispers like new

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
There are threads in here detailing what needs to be done

1 - 17 of 17 Posts