Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I currently have a 2007 Vulcan 900 decked out to my liking, but I'm not a fan of taking it long distances two-up nor commuting on a major highway at 75 mph so I've been on the lookout for a replacement and/or additional bike.

Started looking at Voyagers but not many used ones close to me. Yesterday I ran across a 2005 Electra Glide Classic w/50k miles for $6500. I know nothing about this bike or HD in general. Can anyone chime in on this model. Based off of book prices it's a great deal. Just wonder if anyone here has experience with one. Thanks.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I ran across a 2005 Electra Glide Classic w/50k miles for $6500. I know nothing about this bike or HD in general. Can anyone chime in on this model. Based off of book prices it's a great deal. Just wonder if anyone here has experience with one. Thanks.
had 06 88ci superglide(24k miles) and 07 96ci electraglide(70k miles). spent numerous miles trips on bros 02 88ci softail springer (40k miles).. I have history with these bikes.. and no you don't want to hear it.. here. poncho

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had 06 88ci superglide(24k miles) and 07 96ci electraglide(70k miles). spent numerous miles trips on bros 02 88ci softail springer (40k miles).. I have history with these bikes.. and no you don't want to hear it.. here. poncho
I take it you're not a fan of them. So should I wait until a voyager comes along at the right price?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I take it you're not a fan of them. So should I wait until a voyager comes along at the right price?
well you are in a kaw 4m full of kawabungers.. ther a few hardley heads milling about.. I went down that dark road mor n once (6x).. hiway2hell.. but for some the price of their soul is worth it to wear klub badgery.. the gustapo here don't want truth written, so if you want info you gotta go offline.. and as always triangulate yor data, my opinions are mine from experience, but they are just that opinions.

for watt its worth any kaw is ez 2wice the bike hardley will ever make.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured I would get more realistic opinions here than I would on an HD forum. I'm on my fourth Kawi. Never done anything but maintenance on any of them. I could care less about the HD crowd or belonging. I do, however, think they make the best looking touring bike, but that's opinion as well. I just don't want to buy a looker with no soul and it be in the shop all the time.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
. I do, however, think they make the best looking touring bike, but that's opinion as well..
krome n paint is just lipstick on a pig,, er, I mean a hog.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I owned an '01 and an '08 Ultra Classic and was glad I had the extended warranty. The only reason for buying the '08 was because the 7 year warranty was going to be over in a month. I had many expensive repairs on the '01 during the 50,000+ miles I rode it. Not too many on the '08 as I had to sell it before it even had 13,000 miles because of hard times.

They are good looking bikes but were not as reliable as my used '05 Nomad I had for 16 months with no issues at all and over 42,000 miles on the clock.

I now have a 2015 Voyager and am very happy with this bike compared to the Ultra Classic's.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I owned an '01 and an '08 Ultra Classic and was glad I had the extended warranty. The only reason for buying the '08 was because the 7 year warranty was going to be over in a month. I had many expensive repairs on the '01 during the 50,000+ miles I rode it. Not too many on the '08 as I had to sell it before it even had 13,000 miles because of hard times.

They are good looking bikes but were not as reliable as my used '05 Nomad I had for 16 months with no issues at all and over 42,000 miles on the clock.

I now have a 2015 Voyager and am very happy with this bike compared to the Ultra Classic's.
Thanks for the input, I didn't necessarily want an HD it just was a good deal. I'm going to pass. I don't need an expensive problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts