Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,so I have 2005 800. It has been sitting for about 7 months. I just got it shipped to fort Lewis from cali. Like an idiot the first thing I did was change the battery then start it. Ran for about 5 minutes then turned off. I believe I clogged the carb with the old gas. I flushed the tank and changed the plugs. I took the carb off yesterday to clean it and broke the gray plastic peace on it. Does anyone know how to replace that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
92064 if you follow the line back to the carb there is a l shape plastic part coming out that I believe the gass line connects to. I can not upload a photo on my phone for some reason. Will upload tonight

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
My pilot jet is brass, or a brassy material, not gray plastic. I'm lost here.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
If you are talking about the elbow just above where the float bowl connects, I don't think you can buy it separate from the carb. You may be best to find another carb. If you take the carb body into a Harley or independent shop, they may have this piece, some Harleys used the same carb, like on many 883 Sportstres I believe, kinda like the Holley for motorcycles.

·
Registered
255 Posts
i think shawn is describing the fuel inlet elbow. there is no part number, a "non-serviced" part.

However, HD (using Keihin carbs) guys have a brass replacement...requires some extensive surgery.

check this link...see if it works. Fuel Max Inlet Elbow - Harley Carburetors

there is another link on that page for replacement procedure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
https://m.facebook.com/shawn.laubscher.1?ref=bookmarks#!/photo.php?fbid=470058929842779&id=100005160272749&set=a.143274905854518.1073741826.100005160272749&source=48&refid=17&ref=bookmarks&__tn__=E[/IMG

Yes that was the peace I am talking about. Hopefully I can find it. Do you know what model carb I can buy to replace.

·
Registered
255 Posts
good deal, a fair price.... and the brass will offer superior reliability going forward.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Glad to see you got it fixed. Now lets see that it running great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts