Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help guys. I have a 2005 vulcan classic 1600. I currently have VH bigshots on it with a K&N filter in stock airbox, powercommander 3. The bike came with all of this when I bought it. Now I am thinking about adding a Baron Big air kit to the bike since the stock crossover tube is the huge restriction. I emailed baron and they told me I would need to get the bike tuned. I looked on dynojet's website and found a tune for a setup that has a hypercharger, vh bigshots (baffles removed mine are intact). I am wondering if I could skip the dyno tuning and if this would be a close enough tune. The hypercharger is basically the same thing except the butterflies and not sure how much it changes by removing the baffles vs having them in?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Please fill in your profile to include your bike/location info and that
is easier using a PC vs the app. This will help others answer questions you may ask knowing what year and model bike you have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well got the intake on the bike. I found a file for the same exhaust I have and a thunder manufacturing air box. I got the kit all on the bike. It runs great. Cold idle needs work I got to adjust my idle up and then reset my throttle 0% in power commander but once warmed up runs great. Sounds mean as could be. And a ton more power. Plus I love the look of the cover. I had to remove the air reed valve covers which was a pain and the lines associated with it but bike looks much cleaner with less lines running all over.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts