Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone snap a picture of their ignition coil wiring? I took the coils off and forgot which wires go where.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
The coils will work with the polarity reversed.
The BLK/WHT goes to the left coil and the GRN/RED goes to the right coil.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The coils will work with the polarity reversed.
The BLK/WHT goes to the left coil and the GRN/RED goes to the right coil.
Thank you sir, what's the wiring for the left coil? Which wire goes on which colored post? Or does that not matter?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
It probably matters but I have connected them both ways and they work either way. I believe that the connector that is in-line with the spark plug wire on the opposite end is the GND and gets the 'not red' wire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can some one help me my bike will run but i hit gas and it boggs down then kicks in and boggs doown again

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. What year and model is your bike? Did the bike just sit for any length of time? Did it start bogging after some maintenance or modification? What is your mileage? How old are the spark plugs? Let us know and we will be happy to help you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. What year and model is your bike? Did the bike just sit for any length of time? Did it start bogging after some maintenance or modification? What is your mileage? How old are the spark plugs? Let us know and we will be happy to help you.
The bike in question is an 01 new plugs 119,000 miles has sat since oct or nov til a few days ago

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
What model? Did you replace the fuel? Did you check the fuel tank for any rust? Any reason that you have two memberships to this forum?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts