Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally it's almost complete. Almost 2 years waiting on doing stuff. Mostly on other people doing the clear coat.:mad:

Only issue I have now is that after I reinstalled the rear wheel and torqued to the 72ft/lb rating I can barely move it. I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly. Any ideas?

Anyway here she is. Still need to mount the speedo, apply the Kawasaki old school decals and get a new battery. The one that was in here is old plus it's too high for the seat pan to fit on. How high are Vulcan batteries?

Some build pics.

Unmolested.

Molested.

Rattle can prime and black.

Helper nephew.

Metal flake.

Rear Model T light installed with licence bracket.

Changed mind and made fenders black and put a black tear drop on the side of the tank. Theres was too much orange.

Here is a coat of 2K clear from rattle can.

Naked.

Her two buddies.

99% completed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I forgot to mention that I got the kit from Blue Collar Bobbers. It's very well made and not one bit flimsy. The fenders are thick aluminum with heavy powder coated steel struts. The seat is very thick leather that smells awesome. :smile-big:

- seat/seat pan
- fenders
- handle bars & risers
- rear tail light
- rear blinkers
- exhaust tape

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spacer is there. I'll look at the threaded rod as I installed that first. I torqued to 72ft pounds or there about. Just a Harbour Freight type torque wrench.

Also the battery that was in my Vulcan was not original to the bike. It measures 6 1/4" high. What is the height of a OEM battery? My seat won't attached with a 6 1/4" high battery.

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have the hold down bracket but it's missing the rubber bit. PO most likely had to remove it to get this taller battery in.

Thanks again Ron.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now it seems I have a fuel leak. No partially filled the empty tank and started it. Debaffeled pipes sound great by the way. But after I stopped it and wheeled it back I got a strong smell of gas. Found a drop at the bottom of the carb.

Would residual fuel left for about two years do this?

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update. It drives awesomely but the pipes are loud. What have people done to quiet down pipes once they debarked them?

The carb isn't leaking anymore and the rear end seems be fine. I didn't over tighten it but it's still not as loose as it should be. After a long ride there were no hot parts to the rear hubs in fact they were still cold.

Put the retro Kawasaki emblems on as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The carb is still leaking but not as bad. I added some SeaFoam to a tank of super. I'll see if that fixes it. If not I guess I'll have to haul it apart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts