·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have paint codes for my 2003 Nomad.
X9 Pearl Luster Beige
P5 Vintage Luminous Red

Has anyone successfully matched these colors with normal auto paint and have codes they would like to share?

I want to match my side covers and fairing with the factory 2 tone colors. I already know about Touchup direct and colorrite. I am in Canada and would prefer to get paint here instead of paying the oulandish prices they have for 11 oz of paint.

Thanks for any info!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I used Colorite because it was spot on in color. Not sure what you have in Canada, but I just bit the bullet and paid for a can of spray paint and a can of sealer. By the time I fiddled around with searching for a better deal, it was worth it to me to just spend the ough and be done with it, and know I'm getting a good match.

Having said that, I would be surprised you can't find it in Canada. Sorry to say, th0ugh, that decent automotive paint isn't cheap anywhere. You could take into a a body shop and they could mix the paint by looking it up using the paint number you provide them, but it too will not be cheap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya on the paint prices. Problem is that we have to pay duty, tax(13%) and exchange on the price from colorrite. there has to be someone that has the matching codes in regular solvent paint..

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
That's one beautiful bike! I'm not sure how you live with that stock seat, though. I couldn't go more tha 50 miles on mine without developing monkey butt. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough and went with a Mustiang Wide Touring. After that I could ride from Reno NV to Coeur d Alene, ID, about 850 miles, in one very long day. The only thing that didn't hurt was my rear end!

By the way, if anyone needs a stock seat and pillion off a 2004 Classic, it's yours for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts