Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 03 is a 1500 but I didn't get any response in the 1500 section. Found a 2003 Mean Streak for sale local approx. 10,000 miles on it, really good price. Has new tires, Vance & Hines pipe, engine guard, stock seat. I've been doing more 2 up riding and see the mustang seat seems like the only option now for aftermarket. Just wondering how many ride 2-up and switched seats, how does your passenger like it.
Is there anything I should be looking for when checking out the bike. Also does all the aftermarket stuff fit the 02-03 same as the newer years?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Corbin also makes a few 2-up seats for the meanie. Though the Mustang appears to have the largest pillion seat of the group. The fact that it can be easily converted to a solo seat also makes the Mustang more appealing in my book.

Check the standard stuff. Fork seals, brakes, colors and condition of fluids, smell for fuel leaks, etc. Pull a plug or two if you really want to be anal.

A great majority of the aftermarket stuff will work across all the years. Only differences was in some internals and the front brakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts