Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1500 classic 2002 model last fall. It was involved in a rear end. Replaced the rear fender and lights.
I do not know any history of this bike and it is my first 1500,
when I bought it the fuel gauge was working but had very little fuel in it. I filled the tank and now no fuel gauge. It reads empty. Its the first time I filled the tank.
Reading on the forum and the manual it gives a brief description on how to test. I took the cluster/dash off. I have 12vdc at the brown/red wire going into a 9 pin connector which has 7 wires going in and out.
question. how many connectors are there to the dash? I have only 2. there is another connector that is not hooked to anything. it is a white connector with 2 wires. black with yellow stripe and looks like a white but I cant tell if it has a stripe or not.
The 9 pin plug with 7 wires from the harness looks like it has alot of tape on it and may have been modified I dont know. But may be someone with a 02 classic can tell me if there are only 2 connectors that connect to the dash or is there 3.
If someone could also tell me how you test this gauge with a ohm meter as I did not understand the manual on how to do this. thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
solved

I got to looking at the manual again and it showed a 2 pin connector so I took the tank back off and sure enough I had the thing unplugged and it works fine now.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Good job. Gotta love the easy ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts