Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I understand, there is no center kickstand for the 1500 models. After a look under my frame, it appears there was a spot for one and maybe the frame is also used on a previous model that did have a center kickstand. Was this same frame used on 1200 models? 900 models? What model and year was the last year and size to accommodate a center kickstand? I'm thinking if for example, this frame was used on a 1200 cc model say, 2000 and used a center kickstand, I could order one for that year and model and it should fit my frame. Am I dreaming or was this frame used on a previous year and size that did use a center kickstand? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then I wonder if that mount that I took a photo of is for Kawasaki repair shop purposes then. Maybe it's for a bench top stand like this one I found. This guy can make these. The only thing I wonder about the mounting flange under my bike is that it's not center and more to the left just on the other side of my drive shaft.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The 1500s didn't come with center stands. If you need your bike to stand up, use a wheel chock....theres plenty on Amazon, and all the bike parts places carry them, JPCycles, Revzilla, BikeBandit, etc....

Now, if your wanting to lift your bike up, you need a support frame to clips to the bottom of your frame, You pipes/brackets on your frame won't allow you to lift your bike, they hang down too far....for use with a small bike/atv jack..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts