Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble with my bike "bogging" down when it is cold in the mornings when I roll the throttle. It has to get warmed up a lot before it stops. It runs fine, but wondering if it is a carb issue, vacuum or something else? Threw B12 in it to clean out the carb system since it has sat a bunch. It is just under 6k miles, I bought it at 5880 miles. Also, wondering if I should switch out the stock air filter, and what I should look at? Thanks for any and all advice!

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do a proper carb clean by removing the carb from the bike. It's pretty easy to do, though the first time will take longer as you'll want to remember how everything goes back together. As for air filters, I probably wouldn't bother changing to anything other than a stock filter unless you want to change your jet sizing/exhaust (or debaffle). There are hyperchargers available, or you could do the DIY scooterizing/grampsizing. Performance gains are debatable, however it feels like I gained a bit of power when I did it to my bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts