Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'm not much of a poster or talker, but I hang around and read, so I've been here a bit. How do I get permission to post a part wanted advert in the classifieds section? I am looking for a working speedometer for my 2000 Vulcan Nomad 1500Fi.

·
Super Moderator
1,211 Posts
You gotta be a little more talkative. ;) You need at least 10 posts to start a thread in the classifieds section. But I'll tell you this. Most people don't have a spare speedometer laying around. You can post and ask, but your best bet will be eBay or a salvage yard.

Reactions: y0himba

·
Super Moderator
1,211 Posts
Thank you. Know of any good salvage yards for the Vulcans? Is there an easy way I can figure out which years are interchangeable?
Don't know of any personally. Search online. They're listed out there. The part number is 25005-1672. My usual tools for finding interchangeability are not showing anything for that. As in its blank/empty. You've got some searching ahead of you.

Reactions: y0himba

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would explain why I am unable to find any other years that are compatible then. Maybe I can find a 3rd party one that fits in, looks as good, and you know, like, works....

·
Super Moderator
1,211 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine has the odometer, trip, and gas gauge on the speedometer. Believe it or not, the forums here was my last resort kind of thing. Everything I had seen and read says it is unique and no longer made. I couldn't even find one on eBay...

·
Super Moderator
1,211 Posts
The one without the gas gauge was used in several models and is still sold. The one you have appears to be have been used only in the '00 model year and has since been discontinued. Either give up the gas gauge or keep hoping for eBay or an online salvage yard to have one. Have you checked with the site that still shows it for sale to see if they have it in stock?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts