Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post. I need so information from people who like these machines. I'm looking at a 2000 KAWASAKI Vulcan Nomad 1500 that has 80,000 kilometers on it.

Is this a lot of kilometers for this bike? I have always ridden 4 cylinder Gold Wings but I want a change. I may spend 2 or 3 months on the road this summer. The bike has been well cared for and looks spotless. How far will these motors go and what should I be careful of when looking for a used Vulcan Nomad 1500.

Any advice I can get would be much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello, this is my first post. I need so information from people who like these machines. I'm looking at a 2000 KAWASAKI Vulcan Nomad 1500 that has 80,000 kilometers on it.

Is this a lot of kilometers for this bike? I have always ridden 4 cylinder Gold Wings but I want a change. I may spend 2 or 3 months on the road this summer. The bike has been well cared for and looks spotless. How far will these motors go and what should I be careful of when looking for a used Vulcan Nomad 1500.

Cheers
Go for it, I've got an 05 with 84000 miles not kilometers on it and I'd trust it anywhere .

·
Premium Member
671 Posts

Cheers
80,ooo Km is about 48,000 miles or so. My bike has almost 46,000 and I'd ride it across country tomorrow. One of my good friends had an 07 Nomad and put about 130,00 MILES on it before he got a newer one. This guy is a maniac and will ride all year round as long as it isn't icy. I think he might have redone his cam chain tensioner extenders at around 40,000 miles, top end at about 90,000 miles and replaced a water impeller. That's about it.

You might need cam chain tensioner extenders as the cam chains tend to stretch out over time, somewhere around 30-50k miles, and they can rub on the spark plug tubes and wear a hole in them, causing an oil leak. The extenders are not difficult to install. And maybe the PO already did it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts