Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all here. Last week I had the good fortune to buy a 2000 1500 nomad FI. The bike is in great shape with a little over 15000 miles on it. I already own a 2002 1500 Classic carb model and love it.
After hearing it run and buying the bike and getting it home I started examining all of the add ons.
Here is a list, Vance & hines dual baggers, K&N air filter the cross over tube still intact, cobra fi2000 fuel processor.
Ive put about a humdred miles on the bike seems to run fine but when riding with a passenger it does not seem to have the power that my 2002 carb classic has. I know the bike weighs more but with the FI I thought it would have more power. I pulled the plugs and checked the colour and they seem to look fine except for a tint of yellow colour to them I figure it yellow from the sea foam I added to help clean things up. Can someone share the tuning settings for the cobra fi 2000 its not the new style cobra fi2000 but an older one black with red print on it.
The vance & hines are not real loud so I figure it has some baffling in them. Any suggestion or information on the settings of the fi2000 will be appreciated.
The bike was last plated in 2012 so it has set for quite some time.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on the fi2000, I pulled seat and took of the small cover to expose trim pots. Ill try to attach picture. There are only 2 trip pots on mine. And they have a yellow and green led light. Looks like both pots are set around 1.5 as far as I can tell. Any thought on these older cobra 2 pot units? thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did find one article on line for installing on a harley. It tells that the green pot is for idling and cruising and the yellow pot is for power during acceleration. If anyone has the older 2 pot and would share their settings I would appreciate it. thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cobra sent me a pdf of it but it was for a 3 pot. And I found that the po while charging the battery must have disconnected the negitavve wire to the cobra fi2000 and I put the neg wire back on the battery and now runs fine. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts